Jobless total hits 7 year low as Tories announce 2 million new jobs.

At last someone that can see past the eye-catching unemployment figures .

And when you adjust it for inflation....?

IDS says ZHC aren't too bad and need a rebrand http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/04/17/zero-hours-contracts-ids_n_7086104.html. What a moron, why does he think they need a rebrand, is it because the public have seen through them? I'd like to see him survive on ZHC for one day a week on the NMW without access to his millions ... which he married into

Roughly speaking, what has been achieved since 2010, is that unemployment has gone up and then come down again. So, not much really.

Shall we talk about wage growth?

Sure, I got 2% two years ago and 5% this year.

The backdrop to this is many people having to work on reduced wages and/or hours. There may be less jobless, but there are less jobs that pay a decent wage with decent hours and conditions.
.......maybe because the Far east have taken our manufacturing over!............things change get used to it, our day in the sun has clouded over for now,we need to reinvent ourselves like we once did!,it's not rocket science.

Sure, I got 2% two years ago and 5% this year.

lucky you, you're obviously better than everyone else

IDS says ZHC aren't too bad and need a rebrand http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/04/17/zero-hours-contracts-ids_n_7086104.html. What a moron, why does he think they need a rebrand, is it because the public have seen through them? I'd like to see him survive on ZHC for one day a week on the NMW without access to his millions ... which he married into

Didn't IDS say that he could live on JSA recently, I'm sure he did? Anyway when challenged to, he refused

So what are the statistics on the new jobs created??

Last I heard most were full time and above minimum wage.

So what are the statistics on the new jobs created??

Last I heard most were full time and above minimum wage.

Untill the new rate for minimum wage comes in :hihi:

I didnt cause the deficit,niether did most of us on here so why dont the tories do the decent thing and make those that did pay up and stop kicking the coppers out of the hands of the poorest.

You obviously no nothing about the system otherwise you wouldn't have had to look up these details.

If you are offered an interview, and given the job but refuse it, you are taken off benefits for refusing. Exceptions will be distance, otherwise tough, you sign a contract to accept a job if offered, regardless of hours or salary.

I know all about the system because I have been unemployed. Have you? I posted the correct details to show you how you where categorically wrong. If you where offered a 2 hours per week job, you would continue to be eligible for JSA which is the benefit the Job Centre administer in connection helping people gain employment.

I know all about the system because I have been unemployed. Have you? I posted the correct details to show you how you where categorically wrong. If you where offered a 2 hours per week job, you would continue to be eligible for JSA which is the benefit the Job Centre administer in connection helping people gain employment.

But that is just it, you are not offered a two hour job, you are offered a zero hour contract. Employer informs job centre it's a zero hour contract but informs JC you get 30 - 35 hours regularly. Once employed the employer deliberately decreases the hours to whatever they want. That is the employer's trick to get you to work for the company, knowing full well that uf you quit, you can't get JSA for 9 months because you left on your own accord. And yes I have been unemployed.

But that is just it, you are not offered a two hour job, you are offered a zero hour contract. Employer informs job centre it's a zero hour contract but informs JC you get 30 - 35 hours regularly. Once employed the employer deliberately decreases the hours to whatever they want. That is the employer's trick to get you to work for the company, knowing full well that uf you quit, you can't get JSA for 9 months because you left on your own accord. And yes I have been unemployed.

Rubbish. If you work less than 16 hours a week you are eligible for JSA. Your original comment was "providing you can live on two hours a week zero hour contracts". This is obviously wrong due to the fact of the information I have provided.

Untill the new rate for minimum wage comes in :hihi:

I didnt cause the deficit,niether did most of us on here so why dont the tories do the decent thing and make those that did pay up and stop kicking the coppers out of the hands of the poorest.

Well the crash came whilst Labour were in charge. It came about because of their lax regulation of the financial sector. They didn't make any attempt to peg bankers bonuses or to clamp down on tax avoidance. What a shame they didn't take the initiative and make the sinners pay. Probably include themselves in those that screwed up the system & should pay to sort it out.