Jobless total hits 7 year low as Tories announce 2 million new jobs.

Just watched TV, the tories are getting hysterical. It's like watching a fox in a hen house. Plain stupid because the tories wanted Scotland to stay in the UK, now they've got their wish, they're running scared.

Did Labour want Scotland to have independence? You reckon Ed isn't worried about possibly losing 40-odd seats? Is that all part of his master plan?

Just watched TV, the tories are getting hysterical. It's like watching a fox in a hen house. Plain stupid because the tories wanted Scotland to stay in the UK, now they've got their wish, they're running scared.

Look at it this way. Labour have 41 MP's in Scotland of which most are in danger. Predictions have gone as far as seeing Labour wiped out in Scotland, but lets be a little more conservative (no pun intended) and assume they lose 20 MP's.

At their current position, Labour need to take 70 seats to gain a majority in the house of commons. Take off the predicted 20 MP's from Scotland and that leaves Labour with a 90 MP deficit before ever gaining a majority. That is a massive swing that, lets be fair, is not going to happen.

I think this election is going to be far less eventful than the media would like us to believe. The current coalition, possibly with the help of the DUP, will form the next government.

Almost every G20 economy crashed. Certainly any economy linked to financial markets.

Granted we had a sustained period of heavy / free borrowing which was then called in by the banks.

But then again originally Thatcher deregulated the banks and made the city of London all powerful and the UK reliant on the finance sector.

So who is really to blame?

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 18:11 ----------

TBH if Scotland want a referendum in a few years time its up to the scottish people to decide if they want to be part of britain, not the english.

The government of the day are responsible, the PMs full title includes that of First Lord of the Treasury, it was the government that regulated the banks at the time although many powers were quietly pushed over to the bank of England once Brown, Balls and Milliband realized they had dropped the ball.

It is an irrelevance regarding what happened elsewhere, the British government is just that. Had Brown and his team any integrity they would have resigned.

Regarding Scotland, I fully agree that the scots have the right to secede if they so wish. It is the thought of Salmond and co running Westminster that I object to and that is exactly what we will get if enough people in England vote Labour.

---------- Post added 21-04-2015 at 14:55 ----------

Look at it this way. Labour have 41 MP's in Scotland of which most are in danger. Predictions have gone as far as seeing Labour wiped out in Scotland, but lets be a little more conservative (no pun intended) and assume they lose 20 MP's.

At their current position, Labour need to take 70 seats to gain a majority in the house of commons. Take off the predicted 20 MP's from Scotland and that leaves Labour with a 90 MP deficit before ever gaining a majority. That is a massive swing that, lets be fair, is not going to happen.

I think this election is going to be far less eventful than the media would like us to believe. The current coalition, possibly with the help of the DUP, will form the next government.

I tend to agree with you, I just cannot see the UK electorate voting Milliband in.If they do then I have seriously misjudged my compatriots.

---------- Post added 21-04-2015 at 14:57 ----------

I don't see the Tories getting hysterical, for me they are a little too laid back.

---------- Post added 21-04-2015 at 14:58 ----------

In a way osborne had it good..the only way was up.

Like Greece you mean?

And when you adjust it for inflation....?

how do you adjust employment figures for inflation :huh:

It is an irrelevance regarding what happened elsewhere, the British government is just that.

really? Do you actually believe that what started in the states with reagan, in the uk with thatcher, was continued by major, blair and brown and that ultimately lead to the collapse of massive financial institutions and even countries -The global financial meltdown of 2008 just didn't affect good old blighty?

That northern rock, Hbos and lloyds just suffered a coincidental plummet in their worth and trustworthiness?

Edited by psynuk