Jobless total hits 7 year low as Tories announce 2 million new jobs.

about £1.5 trillion added to the national debt.

What would have happened if the banks had gone under? who knows...but now the banks are paying us back in many cases...

Good question, if the banks had been allow to fail, we would have been in serious difficulty for some months.

Certain economists believe that this situation would have been worth suffering as new banks would have emerged.

Labour had little option but to do as they did, the point is that the PM/First Lord of the Treasury, and the Chancellor of the Exchequer, had allowed this situation in the first place. They did, no lies about international actions and activities, they were the party responsible. They crashed the economy. Period.

The coalition strategy was amended in 2011 once they realized how badly the Labour party had left the economy in. In an interview with Paxman in (I think) February Danny Alexander stated that the deficit would not be cleared until 2017 at the earliest.

On the basis that they are on target, that they have created 2million jobs, have the fastest growing economy in the developed world they have been a resounding success.

If the country vote Cameron out it is no less than an act of collective insanity.

Truth is Cameron can't get a majority. Just checked the bookies and he's not even favourite to be PM anymore.

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 17:57 ----------

If I was a libdem supporter id want to know which party i was actually voting for right now..

about £1.5 trillion added to the national debt.

What would have happened if the banks had gone under? who knows...but now the banks are paying us back in many cases...

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 17:52 ----------

The banks went under as an effect of the GFC.

I wouldnt mind that partnership over Libdem / con.

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 17:55 ----------

Havent seen the tories doing much to regulate the banks in the last 5 years or close tax loopholes..if they were that bothered about the economy thats the first place I'd look for money not poor people.

Thank you, you have made your position clear, unable or unwilling to accept that the party you are committed to can do no wrong you are prepared to sell out to a bunch of freeloading careerists who have, as there first two priorities to break up the UK and abandon our defenses.

Good question, if the banks had been allow to fail, we would have been in serious difficulty for some months.

Certain economists believe that this situation would have been worth suffering as new banks would have emerged.

Labour had little option but to do as they did, the point is that the PM/First Lord of the Treasury, and the Chancellor of the Exchequer, had allowed this situation in the first place. They did, no lies about international actions and activities, they were the party responsible. They crashed the economy. Period.

Almost every G20 economy crashed. Certainly any economy linked to financial markets.

Granted we had a sustained period of heavy / free borrowing which was then called in by the banks.

But then again originally Thatcher deregulated the banks and made the city of London all powerful and the UK reliant on the finance sector.

So who is really to blame?

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 18:11 ----------

Thank you, you have made your position clear, unable or unwilling to accept that the party you are committed to can do no wrong you are prepared to sell out to a bunch of freeloading careerists who have, as there first two priorities to break up the UK and abandon our defenses.

TBH if Scotland want a referendum in a few years time its up to the scottish people to decide if they want to be part of britain, not the english.

To be fair the actions that Gordon Brown took to contain the 2008 crisis have been lauded by many other leaders and economists across the world. History will judge him well.

He also left Osborne and Cameron a strongly recovering economy in 2010. They killed off that recovery by 2011, lost the AAA rating, missed all the targets they set themselves. It has taken a doubling of the national debt before the economy gained any traction again.

Forgive me if I'm not thankful for Osborne landing each person in this county with £9k of debt in the last 5 years.

This statement really irritates me and to be objective I've heard Labour use this excuse already to defend their reluctance to tell us where the cuts are coming.

Surely the information on all public spending and projected income is widely available on the internet, and if anything the leaders of all political parties should surely be more aware than the rest of us of the relevant informaiton.

It doesn't wash with me that they didn't know (I'd suggest they were incompetent if it is the case) and it won't wash if Labour try the same thing if they win.

You can believe whatever you want, but unless you were working in Westminster pre-2010 at a pretty senior level (I'm talking Mandarin-high level), you'd have had, at best, about the same level of clueing-up about financial commitments sanctioned by Brown et al as shadow ministers and their cabinets. And be subjected to the same level of mushrooming. Which would have been better-informed than most professional career political hacks, which is an order of magnitude better-informed than whatever you'd have found in the public domain at the time.

To be fair the actions that Gordon Brown took to contain the 2008 crisis have been lauded by many other leaders and economists across the world. History will judge him well.

He also left Osborne and Cameron a strongly recovering economy in 2010. They killed off that recovery by 2011, lost the AAA rating, missed all the targets they set themselves. It has taken a doubling of the national debt before the economy gained any traction again.

Forgive me if I'm not thankful for Osborne landing each person in this county with £9k of debt in the last 5 years.

Brown was a shrewd operator..poor leader but never really got the chance to grow into it.

I wonder what the tories would had said if they were in government when the 2008 crash hit?

I wonder what the tories would had said if they were in government when the 2008 crash hit?

In a way osborne had it good..the only way was up.

"We didn't piddle the reserves up the wall like Labour would have done so we will be fine while the storm blows over..."

"We didn't piddle the reserves up the wall like Labour would have done so we will be fine while the storm blows over..."

We may not have sold our gold reserves at rock bottom (buy one get one free) prices too.

Just watched TV, the tories are getting hysterical. It's like watching a fox in a hen house. Plain stupid because the tories wanted Scotland to stay in the UK, now they've got their wish, they're running scared.

Edited by -Boomer-