Jobless total hits 7 year low as Tories announce 2 million new jobs.

Better, maybe, for those who were always alright. God help them if they ever fall on hard times.

It's a whole lot worse for the most vulnerable in our society who have been hounded, villified and denied the right to the most basic help and sustainance.

Yes, its been difficult, no doubt about it, but remember the root cause of this, the LABOUR party skint us.

The Tories are successfully sorting matters out. Once the economy is in balance those you are concerned about will receive the assistance they need.

But not before.

Yes, its been difficult, no doubt about it, but remember the root cause of this, the LABOUR party skint us.

The Tories are successfully sorting matters out. Once the economy is in balance those you are concerned about will receive the assistance they need.

But not before.

It's been easier for people getting a £5k pay rise through a reduction in the top pay bracket whilst most people struggle to put food on the table.

How did Labour Skint us?

But not before.

didnt the tories aim for 5 years of cuts to wipe the deficit? they failed, now its 10 years..

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 16:41 ----------

It's been easier for people getting a £5k pay rise through a reduction in the top pay bracket whilst most people struggle to put food on the table.

How did Labour Skint us?

seems to blaming labour for the global financial crisis, which would be inaccurate. Maybe Labour was to blame for the 1991 recession aswell...lol

Edited by ubermaus

I am not denying there are vulnerable people out there. However some people makes themselves vulnerable through lack of effort. If you skip school, start a family at 16 and have 3 kids by the time you are 19 with no means of supporting them other than benefits, are you vulnerable?
Those circumstances do not dictate that this status remains permanent. I know just one such person (exact to the age timeline, but 'only' 2 kids...to 2 different dads of course) and close to 10 years on, she is (still) a model Mum, a full-qualified (and working) theatre nurse, paying her way (and those of others, like all taxpayers - and like her 'before').

Don't write them all off: most kids do stupid things in their early years, some more stupid than others, but most kids also turn their life around for the better with age and wisdom :)

didnt the tories aim for 5 years of cuts to wipe the deficit? they failed, now its 10 years..
No-one can attest that the Tories and LibDems knew the full extent of Labour's pre-2010 financial commitments, so to hold them to have failed to wipe out a deficit in triple £-bn figures within 5 years is quite some bad faith. About par with Ed Balls' vituperations in opposition for the last 5 years.

Be careful what you wished for, for we might just have gotten it - and be thankful for what we got instead (whether or not at the hands of Osbourne, doesn't matter), especially relative to the rest: wiping the deficit within 5 years would have required the sort of bottom draw-grade medicine, which could have finished off what moribund lot was left after the '07 crisis hit, rather than let it dead-cat-bounce a bit and pick up as it has. It could have been oh-so-worse. Just ask the PIIGs and France.

Edited by L00b

No-one can attest that the Tories and LibDems knew the full extent of Labour's pre-2010 financial commitments, so to hold them to have failed to wipe out a deficit in triple £-bn figures within 5 years is quite some bad faith. About par with Ed Balls' vituperations in opposition for the last 5 years.

This statement really irritates me and to be objective I've heard Labour use this excuse already to defend their reluctance to tell us where the cuts are coming.

Surely the information on all public spending and projected income is widely available on the internet, and if anything the leaders of all political parties should surely be more aware than the rest of us of the relevant informaiton.

It doesn't wash with me that they didn't know (I'd suggest they were incompetent if it is the case) and it won't wash if Labour try the same thing if they win.

The coalitions strategy was to wipe out the deficit in 5 years.

So have they succeeded or failed?

This statement really irritates me and to be objective I've heard Labour use this excuse already to defend their reluctance to tell us where the cuts are coming.

Surely the information on all public spending and projected income is widely available on the internet, and if anything the leaders of all political parties should surely be more aware than the rest of us of the relevant informaiton.

It doesn't wash with me that they didn't know (I'd suggest they were incompetent if it is the case) and it won't wash if Labour try the same thing if they win.

You mean just like the tories then?

They knew the full extent. Lets not pretend Osborne is some financial genius..but to get it wrong by 5 years takes some doing.

How did Labour Skint us?

They spent all the money, where have you been for the last few years?

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 17:46 ----------

The coalitions strategy was to wipe out the deficit in 5 years.

So have they succeeded or failed?

The coalition strategy was amended in 2011 once they realized how badly the Labour party had left the economy in. In an interview with Paxman in (I think) February Danny Alexander stated that the deficit would not be cleared until 2017 at the earliest.

On the basis that they are on target, that they have created 2million jobs, have the fastest growing economy in the developed world they have been a resounding success.

If the country vote Cameron out it is no less than an act of collective insanity.

Edited by Alan Ladd

Labour bailed out the banks, tories would have done the same...

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 17:48 ----------

£1.162 trillion to start out with....

How did Labour Skint us?

Most people do not struggle to put food on the table, on average people are now slightly better off than they were in 2010.

This is quite an achievement given the state the countries finances were in when Cameron came in.

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 17:50 ----------

Labour bailed out the banks, tories would have done the same...

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 17:48 ----------

£1.162 trillion to start out with....

Labour allowed the banks to run up the debt in the first place.

However surely the election is about the future not the past. Do you wish to see a labour/SNP coalition?

about £1.5 trillion added to the national debt.

What would have happened if the banks had gone under? who knows...but now the banks are paying us back in many cases...

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 17:52 ----------

Labour allowed the banks to run up the debt in the first place.

However surely the election is about the future not the past. Do you wish to see a labour/SNP coalition?

The banks went under as an effect of the GFC.

I wouldnt mind that partnership over Libdem / con.

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 17:55 ----------

Havent seen the tories doing much to regulate the banks in the last 5 years or close tax loopholes..if they were that bothered about the economy thats the first place I'd look for money not poor people.