New Star Wars trailer..

by reading some of the replies, all the discussion about the lightsaber, I wonder... really? are they going to make the star wars mythology resemble the harry potter one? I am not a Star Wars fan, but as I understand it, lightsabers are just technical gadgets with no true power. So why would all that "search for a lightsaber" thing be relevant? It's not like it is a magic wand, or the wand that belonged to death...

have some facts from the last 3 films while we wait for the new one

by reading some of the replies, all the discussion about the lightsaber, I wonder... really? are they going to make the star wars mythology resemble the harry potter one? I am not a Star Wars fan, but as I understand it, lightsabers are just technical gadgets with no true power. So why would all that "search for a lightsaber" thing be relevant? It's not like it is a magic wand, or the wand that belonged to death...

I think it is down to Kylo Ren having an obsession with collecting anything relating to Darth Vader and what he stood for, the helmet, who knows whatever Vader relics he already has and now he wants the lightsaber, not sure why, but, as he says in the trailer "I will finish, what you started", come Decemember, we will find out.

According to most versions of Star Wars lore, light sabers are easier handled with the use of the force (although not impossible to handle without).

Supposedly the force is required to align the crystals to focus properly when constructing a light saber.

It got me thinking this morning, if Kylo Ren isn't a Sith (which the Knights of Ren apparently aren't) then he may not be an accomplished force user, still developing his skills.

This could be used as a possible explanation for his saber, the fuzzy crackling from poor crystal alignment and the silly cross guard blades to assist in stabilising/countering the gyroscope effect.

I read somewhere though that some exotic kind of crystal may be the reason for the frazzly blade.

Ratings are often bizarre and inconsistent, but sometimes change with time too.

They have warnings on TV programmes now - I saw Little House on the Prairie on freeview the other week, and at the beginning it showed PG, and said some scenes might be upsetting or distressing for children. Though based on a true story, it was aimed for children!

Star Wars is an unusual one though, because they avoid words like 'kill' and use 'destroy' and generally omit blood from deaths. Ultimately it's a science-fiction based on politics, but with heros/villians and amazing scenes, :hihi:

I think it's quite similar in some ways to other clever series like Simpsons where it can equally appeal to both young and old, but not always for the same reasons.

I think it's a work of genius personally :love:, (but turn a blind eye to the obvious inconsistencies :hihi::hihi:)

Have a look at Star Wars: clone wars on Cartoon Network or some such. I've watched a few and a couple are really quite violent for a kids channel.

Is it going to be shown on Imax?

Better be! :cool:

So excited for this movie! I sort of don't like watching trailers, they give away so much of the movie :/

So excited for this movie! I sort of don't like watching trailers, they give away so much of the movie :/

Can anyone give a 'knowing the film trade guess' to how long it might be, before out on DVD?

The tickets for the evening IMAX screenings are being pre-booked fast so if you want to see it this side of Christmas you need to book your seats now.

Went to see Spectre on Sunday and watched the Star Wars trailer. Don't know what it is about these films they really touch me. Daft old lady whose in to horror can sit and cry watching these. Must be the music !!