Music Stores in Sheffield

Hello there,

does anyone know any music stores in Sheffield that stock the Hofner Violin Bass?

I quickly checked Richtone for you as I figured they'd be a likely bet, but no joy there. Otherwise you'll probably have to do a phone around.

Alternatively, look at Dawsons in Manchester (they're on Portland Street, a short walking distance away from Piccadilly train station) Their website suggests it's in stock, but again it's probably worth phoning forward to check it's in stock at the store before taking a trip over if you decide to.

Oh, and beware that this thread will probably be moved to the music section.

---------- Post added 16-04-2015 at 13:51 ----------

Just checked too, the £279 asked for by Dawsons in Manchester can be fairly easily beaten by £80 if you go to Gear4Music in York (they do mail order too) They're retailing for £197 and suggest they currently have 4 available.

I have tried both already. Rang Dawsons up and they said they didn't have any.

Only thing to do then is to get it delivered from Gear4Music (their website stated earlier that they had 4 available in stock for delivery) and if it's not right for you, return it under distance selling minus delivery cost...

Hello there,

does anyone know any music stores in Sheffield that stock the Hofner Violin Bass?

I think I saw one in Wizard guitars last week, bottom of Ecclesall Road, right hand side as you head towards town