Results are in but wait!!

And wait and wait!

I had some tests done at the GPs a little while ago and then some more done at the hospital. Its been a worrying time but i got a letter today from the GP saying to make an appointment which i immediately tried to do.

3 Weeks they want me to wait. 3 Chuffin weeks. When i questioned this (extremely politely) the receptionist was quite snotty and arrogant about it. Ive apparently got to ring up in the morning at 8am to see if i can get an appointment tomorrow.

I pointed out that its the doc whos requested to see me so why are they making it so hard to get in to see him? Obviously im worried about the results and a 3 week wait would be unbearable. :|

That is so cruel & that's the only word to describe it. Having had a serious illness myself I understand how you feel. I think these people doing jobs dealing with the public have to be long suffering but what's the saying "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" They make you feel as though they are playing with your life don't they? No one should have to wait that long for results.It is just cruel.

We don't question people in this profession because a) we credit them with the knowledge that we don't have. b) We are very emotional when we are confronted with illness. But there are times when we need to remind them to be HUMANE.

I do hope you don't have to wait more than a couple of days & even that is emotionally draining. Perhaps the receptionist may need asking to swap shoes for a day or two hey?

Good luck friend.

Ask who is doing the admin/callback for your surgery that day, and to be put on the urgent callback list then get whoever calls you back to give you the results/do a phone consult as a matter of urgency, with a view to them giving you the next available appointment if needed. At my doctors, the GPs themselves have over-riding access to their own scheduling and can book their own appointment lists, not just leaving it up to receptionists.

Hello Timeh, My son had the same problem, he went to the surgery and sat and waited till he was seen, he wasn't in a position to ask for a call back but if you are then I agree with Shefstealth. Good luck. alan p.

Usually(from my experience anyway) if it was anything serious they would ask you to make an urgent appointment. If they've just asked you to make a routine appointment it shouldn't be to serious(as i say that's from my own experience). Hope everything goes ok for you.

Usually(from my experience anyway) if it was anything serious they would ask you to make an urgent appointment. If they've just asked you to make a routine appointment it shouldn't be to serious(as i say that's from my own experience). Hope everything goes ok for you.

I was thinking the same thing............... although a 3 week wait does seem a bit unreasonable.