Police incident Paternoster Row 15/04/15

Anybody know what's going on near the Howard pub across from the train station? Lots of people looking up the road where the kettle is and lots of police???

armed police stopped two cars...no idea what far though..

Armed police stopped four lads in a white Skoda Fabia and forced it off the road just by The Showroom Cinema. Five police cars on the scene, a dog handler, helicopter was overhead. The suspects looked relaxed as if they hadn't done anything. Police appeared to retrieve a small evidence bag from their car i.e. it didn't look like a huge haul. Suspects carted off to the nick for further questioning.

Have a picture.

Edited by itcrowd

From what I saw ......... driving past ......... a very large crowd of people were approx. 25 metres away filming it all.

A car was angled across the pavement area pointing towards the bus stop. I saw 2 body armoured helmeted police officers aiming firearms. One was using the bonnet of the suspects' car to aim straight at the windscreen [ no doubt at someone seated in the front .] The other officer was adjacent to the driver's side and aiming directly into the driver's area.

It's sensible to assume at least one person was seated in the car.

I'm surprised so little has appeared on social media as the crowd of gawpers was quite large.

Wow, the Police are strictly enforcing the bus gate aren't they!

AUTHORISED VEHICLES ONLY PLEASE!!!

I was on tram coming up City road, saw one unmarked police car with four other cars zooming down behind it, don't know what for though

So much for social media ........... everyone has a camera in their phone and almost no one [ there's ONE exception ] knows how to use it.

Talk about dramatic ....... I described what I saw: prostrate copper stretched onto bonnet, aiming down a barrel at the target 2 metres max. in front of him. Move and you're dead.

The other copper is standing one foot in front of the other, again aiming down a short barrelled 'rifle' into the car just metres in front of him.

One, repeat one, videographer [ I use the term as loosely as worn out knicker elastic ] manages to capture what should have been: something exceptional, exciting, newsworthy. His names 'benji' and the video appears the Star link above.

Unfortunately, 'benji' appears to be in the last throes of Parkinsons so I think he did a good job considering Sheffield was also have an earthquake at the time he pressed 'record'.

So, hundreds witnessed it, who didn't have a camera phone? No wonder Facebook is filled with 'selfies' and little else.

So much for social media ........... everyone has a camera in their phone and almost no one [ there's ONE exception ] knows how to use it.

Talk about dramatic ....... I described what I saw: prostrate copper stretched onto bonnet, aiming down a barrel at the target 2 metres max. in front of him. Move and you're dead.

The other copper is standing one foot in front of the other, again aiming down a short barrelled 'rifle' into the car just metres in front of him.

One, repeat one, videographer [ I use the term as loosely as worn out knicker elastic ] manages to capture what should have been: something exceptional, exciting, newsworthy. His names 'benji' and the video appears the Star link above.

Unfortunately, 'benji' appears to be in the last throes of Parkinsons so I think he did a good job considering Sheffield was also have an earthquake at the time he pressed 'record'.

So, hundreds witnessed it, who didn't have a camera phone? No wonder Facebook is filled with 'selfies' and little else.

Where is your footage then, Spielberg?

Appart from the poor quality video sounds really dramatic.