Jump to content

Transferring skills into university qualifications.

Recommended Posts

I believe you can do a 1 year access course if you lack formal qualifications. Good preperation for academic life.

Not such a bad idea...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
I think much is to to with the length of time that has elapsed since your achievement.

I qualified as an SRN in 1981 and have 34 years of hands on nursing - now at a senior level - but this is worth diddlysquat towards any academic award.:(


That's disgusting. (especially when you consider the slog and dedication put in by our nurses, as well as the responsibility on their heads)


When I was working in the NHS, you could convert seven years' experience as a Nursing Auxiliary into a State Enrolled Nurse certification. SEN is no longer available as a nursing qualification, it's all SRN and Degrees.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.