Should Sheffield follow Daventry and fine irresponsible dog owners?

Oh, that's ok then. Is that the only reason you're in favour of em leavin gret dollops wherever they go?

Well a horse rider can leave a dollop outside my house anytime they like I can use it on the garden to fertilise my plants even the food plants. Dog dirt is not welcome anywhere, ever, the bacteria and virus load is enormous and dangerous the stink is terrible. Bring back the dog licence and make it a chip bought at the same time as the dog, so that abandoned christmas presents can have the purchaser traced. The legislation would be worth it. The same with cats. I am sick and tired of planting something to find it surrounded by cat poo the following day.

Edited by Margarita Ma
Additional info.

Well a horse rider can leave a dollop outside my house anytime they like I can use it on the garden to fertilise my plants even the food plants. Dog dirt is not welcome anywhere, ever, the bacteria and virus load is enormous and dangerous the stink is terrible. Bring back the dog licence and make it a chip bought at the same time as the dog, so that abandoned christmas presents can have the purchaser traced. The legislation would be worth it. The same with cats. I am sick and tired of planting something to find it surrounded by cat poo the following day.

I think you'll find a similar number of bacteria in horse crap as you would in dog crap and virus' need a living host in order to 'live long and prosper'.

I think a billion billion flies would argue with your veiw that dog sh*t is 'not welcome anywhere'.

FYI - there have been suggestions put forward to DNA test dog sh*t and trace ownership of dastardly's mut that way.

I taught my dog to clean up after herself she then wipes her little anus with three sheets of loo paper - one wipe upwards - one downwards - and one to polish!

And what if the owner did have a bag but the dog had already done their business and said bag was already used and disposed of? What then? They get a 100 pound fine because they used their bag to clear up dog mess. Just wouldn't work

Why not just put a few in your pocket....it's not exactly rocket science is it?

Why not just put a few in your pocket....it's not exactly rocket science is it?

I've already responded to this and that's further up in the post, I have quite a large dog so I use carrier bags not little doggy bags 2-3 is fine but what if your dog goes more than regularly and you use all the bags, like I said decoy dog walkers to catch them in the act is a much better option imo

Guest busdriver1

Nice to see that Daventry are so on top of all other miscreants that they can now dedicate time and resources to this most heinous of crimes.

Well done. It makes me want to live in Daventry.

Well it would if I had not been to the place and found that dog poo is one of the best parts of it.

Nice to see that Daventry are so on top of all other miscreants that they can now dedicate time and resources to this most heinous of crimes.

Well done. It makes me want to live in Daventry.

Well it would if I had not been to the place and found that dog poo is one of the best parts of it.

I tend to agree with your comments on Daventry but if you are going to improve a place then arguably one of the best ways to start is by cleaning it up and improving the envronment for all.

Clamping down on those that deliberately pollute the place for their own selfish reasons would seem an excellent place to start. They should have had the courage to impose much stricter penalties, the enforcement of which would pay for itself, like they do with parking in sheffield.

Clamping down on those that deliberately pollute the place for their own selfish reasons would seem an excellent place to start..

I think you'll find that we humans pollute the environment faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more than dogs do and with substances that will really make your eyes water.

You seem to have a downer against dogs and their owners - why else would you say that they leave dog sh*t laying around for 'selfish' reasons???

Maybe you were frightened by a dog as a child?

As the majority of dog owners now clean up their dog's mess, should the same principle be applied to horse riders, whose animals leave considerably more mess on the roads and paths, to get splashed about by cars and create hazards to cyclists and pedestrians?

I am an owner of 2 dogs & totally agree with this. I also think an incentive to dog owners who do pick up would be beneficial.

You want rewarding for picking your dogs mess up?-:loopy:

I see another council is the first in the country to start with DNA testing of dogs in their area and the mess they leave behind, about time too, the net is closing in.

What about these clattering about on hosses? Why not fine them a grand or shoot the hoss when they leave 4 stone of <REMOVED> behind em?!

Because horse manure isn't toxic?

You want rewarding for picking your dogs mess up?-:loopy:

I see another council is the first in the country to start with DNA testing of dogs in their area and the mess they leave behind, about time too, the net is closing in.

If you seriously think that dna testing of pooch poop will ever be an effective way to stop the sh*te shirkers you're one misguided son/daughter of a beech!

You might know that dogs have a charming inclination to conceal the crap of another dog with their own. And if they can't produce a pile they'll happily pee on it - this way they 'dominate' the pooch poo and at the same time confuse the dna technician by contaminating the poo sample with multiple dna profiles!!

Also - dogs will 'cover' an area even where the offending excrement has been picked up - so that a completely innocent dog owner could be wrongly accused of this abhorrent crime against humanity.

---------- Post added 30-04-2015 at 21:23 ----------

Because horse manure isn't toxic?

I see - dogs 'sh*t' - but horses 'manure' -right - but then horses are so much more refined than dogs aren't they?

However I must tell you that dog sh*t is not 'toxic' either.