Should Sheffield follow Daventry and fine irresponsible dog owners?

In my experience the RSPCA will do bugger all, twice I have reported a dog baking in the sun in the past and twice they have done nothing.

In my experience the RSPCA will do bugger all, twice I have reported a dog baking in the sun in the past and twice they have done nothing.

I understand your frustration.

The cynic in me thinks if there is a financial incentive, then they might be keener.

We found a dog not long ago. It was old and looked poorly so we rang the RSPCA. They wouldnt come out full stop. They said (in a really snotty way) they only deal with sick or abused animals. I told her this dog looks like it could be sick so she asked me if i was a vet. When i told her no she then said It could just be old then :loopy:

It was a freezing night and i didnt have the heart to ignore the animal so we took him in for a few days, the owner was tracked down thanks to a local vet who scanned the dog, found its id chip and then did all the necessary to get dog and owner reunited. RSPCA aint what it was.

What about these clattering about on hosses? Why not fine them a grand or shoot the hoss when they leave 4 stone of <REMOVED> behind em?!

Horses are vegetarians. The problem is faeces of meat eaters. Like dogs and cats......and tramps

---------- Post added 14-04-2015 at 10:40 ----------

Read above. There is no need whatseover for anyone to be searched. Either they choose to produce a bag, or they don't and get a fine. Simple, really.

Or put their photo up on the council website until they pay a fine to have it removed.

Horses are vegetarians. The problem is faeces of meat eaters. Like dogs and cats......and tramps

---------- Post added 14-04-2015 at 10:40 ----------

Or put their photo up on the council website until they pay a fine to have it removed.

"So you aren't giving me your details then, Sir. OK, fair enough, can you just stand still for a moment whilst I take a picture of you"?

Err.....

Or why not be bold and set a precedent. Abolish the Third World notion of punishment without trial. Let the Council embrace the simple democratic concept that - no person shall suffer a penalty without a fair hearing ??????

"So you aren't giving me your details then, Sir. OK, fair enough, can you just stand still for a moment whilst I take a picture of you"?

Err.....

Thats fine until someone takes offence at being snapped and snaps back.

Thats fine until someone takes offence at being snapped and snaps back.

Indeed. Plus people are hardly going to agree to have a photo taken of them if they refuse to give details.

An interesting point on the Daily Mail page: what about if someone takes a bag out, uses it in the correct way, and then gets stopped?

Indeed. Plus people are hardly going to agree to have a photo taken of them if they refuse to give details.

An interesting point on the Daily Mail page: what about if someone takes a bag out, uses it in the correct way, and then gets stopped?

Errrr maybe the owner could take more than one bag out with them? There, that wasn't difficult...

Unless they can prove it i suppose they will cop a fine unless as dog owners we are forced to carry more than we need just in case we get stopped and harassed by the council nazis.

How could they prove it? It's a minefield.

They could be miles away from the bin and you cant really expect people to go fishing through normal bins, let alone special dog bins, to find the bag in question. And even then you could just say it is yours when it isnt. Do they DNA test the faeces in the bag? It's all rather silly.

How could they prove it? It's a minefield.

They cant prove it so youd cop a fine. Its a shame too because it would penalise responsible dog owners like me and others.