What's your opinion of Sheffield Housing Offices?

You really don't want to hear what I think of them.

Yes please tell us

They felt it was necessary to post up a thread for such rubbish in the first place???

I cant answer that for them but they obviously followed forum procedure in not starting a new thread when there was already one on the subject :roll:

It's also forum policy to not bump decade old threads to chip in stupid comments for no good reason :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It confuses people having old crap dragged up and it keeps the discussion relevant if old threads are left alone.

It's also forum policy to not bump decade old threads to chip in stupid comments for no good reason :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It confuses people having old crap dragged up and it keeps the discussion relevant if old threads are left alone.

so wheres the forum policy not to dig up old threads ? how does this work when threads about certain political parties are gathering new posts when they were originally started years ago :roll:

I've not had much to do with these people but on the rare occasions I have I can only say that they should be given training on how to communicate with the public without making them fell like second class citizens. Who on earth do they think they are. These public servants need to remember that without the public they would be unemployed !!!

---------- Post added 29-09-2015 at 20:37 ----------

And don't get me on about those awful rude council tax people. Disgraceful. Okay May be a stressful job but if you can't stand the heat get out of the bloody kitchen !!!!

Sorry but I find this very hard to believe, how would housing know you were in Australia, ,you ified housing that I would be away from they would just keep charging you rent until you did. Maybe one of your neighbours told them your emigrated?

I can assure you both letters were genuine,I did continue to pay rent, notified them of time period I would be away and return dateT whole point of my post was to show their stupidity, I did not make all this up just for amusement.I moved into a flat, there was no top on one of the bath taps i ,asked housing to fix as a result I had eighteen visits from repairs to put a Washer on the tap, no top for a whole year I was turning tap on with a pair of pliers I suppose you think that was a lie toohow dare you

Edited by nikki-red
Fixed quote tags

Laura4, the reason for the letter terminating a tenancy when someone dies may seem unnecessary, but it's done for a reason. Not everyone understands that when a council tenant dies, in most circumstances the tenancy ends. Other relatives don't automatically have a right to live in the property, unless it has been their main home for a considerable period. There have been instances when no one has told the council that the actual tenant has died, but someone has continued to live in a property they have no right to.

If you aren't getting repairs done within the stipulated time, or to a decent standard, complain. If your complaint isn't handled well, or isn't resolved, speak to your councillor. You may not get the outcome you want, but at the very least you should get a clear explanation. At best, you should get things put right along with an apology.