What's your opinion of Sheffield Housing Offices?

I think you have a bit of a nerve complaining. Most people pay rent or mortgages and in the case of mortgages they have to do all their own repairs. To live without paying rent and having someone to do repairs for free must be idyllic.

I think they have even more of a nerve bumping a thread nearly 10 YEARS OLD to post some totally stupid and inane storys.

I think they have even more of a nerve bumping a thread nearly 10 YEARS OLD to post some totally stupid and inane storys.

:hihi:

where's the 'like' button

o So sorry did not realise subject was an old one,or to following quote,some of us can't afford to own our own homes , hence the need for council accommodation,I suggest you both try to develop a sense of humour, or are you so desperate to attract notice you have to resort to spite

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

Mod Note:

Can we refrain from antagonizing each other?

Thank you.

I think you have a bit of a nerve complaining. Most people pay rent or mortgages and in the case of mortgages they have to do all their own repairs. To live without paying rent and having someone to do repairs for free must be idyllic.

Wish I could get my repairs for free. I would be quite happy to put up with a snotty attitude from housing staff.

I think you'll find that people with mortgages have the luxury of being on the wayto owning their own home...an unattainable ideal for many now. Oh...it's a landord's responsibilty to do repairs on THEIR properties.

I think you will find that they followed forum procedure and did a search function first, its not the posters fault the thread is 10 years old:roll:.

Wish I could get my repairs for free. I would be quite happy to put up with a snotty attitude from housing staff.

Too true .

---------- Post added 21-09-2015 at 09:32 ----------

I think you'll find that people with mortgages have the luxury of being on the wayto owning their own home...an unattainable ideal for many now. Oh...it's a landord's responsibilty to do repairs on THEIR properties.

Obviously. The landlord being the council.

You really don't want to hear what I think of them.

I think you will find that they followed forum procedure and did a search function first, its not the posters fault the thread is 10 years old:roll:.

They felt it was necessary to post up a thread for such rubbish in the first place???

must tell you all about 2 letters from housing, showing just how stupid they are. I went on to see my brother in Australia who was very ill,I was gone for 2mnths. When I returned there was a letter from housing, posted 2 days after I left, it read, now that you have emigrated to Australia,please arrange to call at your local housing office to terminate your tenancy and return keys to us

---------- Post added 17-09-2015 at 22:15 ----------

There was an even more stupid one which my next door neighbour's son showed me a week after his Mum died,that read, Now that you are deceased,we have no choice but to terminate your tenancy.Please return keys your local housing office. Unbelievable I know, but genuine,I still have the letters and they always get a laugh when people see them

Sorry but I find this very hard to believe, how would housing know you were in Australia, unless you told them? Even so they wouldn't write to you asking you to return the keys, they would just keep charging you rent until you did. Maybe one of your neighbours told them your emigrated?