What's your opinion of Sheffield Housing Offices?

What do Forum users think of Sheffield Housing Offices and their staff?

in one word -- RUBBISH,

my husband was seeing to someone about the water rates and left me to see the receptionist about the repair to our house door, i told her that i was lip reading and could not hear, but she kept insisting that i use the phone to phone repairs, where i was dumb founded. All she was doing was filing her nails, my husband was seeing the person over our water rates as they sent us a letter to say we was in arreas with the rentand they was going to evict us, [we do not pay rent as we are on income support], we was trying to tell her this but all she kept repeatintg is that we owe rent. when this was sorted, they gave my husband a payment book to pay the water rates and they are that good at our rent office that they had put the wrong refference number on, they are supposed to have all qualifacations and they are nothing but a load olf thicko's, cos what you say to them goes in one ear and through the other. they have no sympathy for the able bodied, pensioners or disabled.we have heard from friends that 2 households in sheffield living side by side have had eviction notices, the house next door owes £2000.00 in rent and never received a letter from the council.

i think that they are rude and very bad at there jobs ,they constantly give out the wrong information and then when you ring back they pass the buck and say it was someone else who must have given out the info.woodhouse housing has one very arrogant ,rude woman who speaks and looks at you as though you are a piece of rubbish,(the large lady who mans the desk).

Full of sceffs

Incompetent just about sums them up IMO. Had many run ins with them years ago when I tried to get my neighbour evicted who was often violent and abusive to his neighbours. It took someone to murder the bloke to get him out after 2 years of trying to get the housing peeps to see sense.

I find it laughable they decided that no - you can't actually pay your rent at the rent office anymore :nuts:

peas taking time wasters

luckily i've not had to sit in there for three hours at a time for quite a few years

Have to be really carefull what I say here because my girlfriends a housing officer but in my opion there all a bunch of jokes overly paid jokes at that. And there gulible it seems like anyone who gives them a sob story about a risque subject eg racism, pedo's, abuse then they role over and give them priority to be re-housed.

It's run by and bunch of yuppies who think they are Mr Cool Boss.

It makes me laugh about this one case I heard about from my mate who's a dealer and he's put a Security gate on his front door so the police are fuming at the housing because the housing can't find anyway they can force him to take the gate off.

I don't codone it but I love it when they get stumpped by the benefit seekers they are there to protect.

Totally agree with you all,i have dealings with all the housing offices in SHEFFIELD and i,ve got say they are (with the exception of maybe two) thick numbskulls whose only aim in life is to upsett and do nothing for the people they are paid to serve.I reckon 99% of them dont even know thier own names let alone how to do thier job.I sypathise with anyone who has to go to an area office for any reason,in fact theyed have more joy visiting Blackpool Zoo and talking to monkeys.

i will get back to you when they decide about my priority listing!! no problems so far, all been nice and kind and very helpful.

Totally agree with you all,i have dealings with all the housing offices in SHEFFIELD and i,ve got say they are (with the exception of maybe two) thick numbskulls whose only aim in life is to upsett and do nothing for the people they are paid to serve.I reckon 99% of them dont even know thier own names let alone how to do thier job.I sypathise with anyone who has to go to an area office for any reason,in fact theyed have more joy visiting Blackpool Zoo and talking to monkeys.

Do you have dealings with all the Housing Offices in Sheffield through work? If so do you get this impression as an insider?

I find it laughable they decided that no - you can't actually pay your rent at the rent office anymore :nuts:

must tell you all about 2 letters from housing, showing just how stupid they are. I went on to see my brother in Australia who was very ill,I was gone for 2mnths. When I returned there was a letter from housing, posted 2 days after I left, it read, now that you have emigrated to Australia,please arrange to call at your local housing office to terminate your tenancy and return keys to us

---------- Post added 17-09-2015 at 22:15 ----------

There was an even more stupid one which my next door neighbour's son showed me a week after his Mum died,that read, Now that you are deceased,we have no choice but to terminate your tenancy.Please return keys your local housing office. Unbelievable I know, but genuine,I still have the letters and they always get a laugh when people see them