Belle View Farm

My Ancestors the Terry Family had a farm in the Carbrook area in the 1840-50's.

The land was at the Sheffield side of Broughton Lane.

The farmhouse was called Belle View and was at the top of Terry Street where the park is now.

There is an old house in the park but I think it is later than the Belle View House but I am not sure.

Has anyone any information about the Belle View Farmhouse or know of a picture or drawing of it?

it does appear on old maps of the period and is mentioned in the book Once Round the Lump.

Help appreciated.

Happy Days! PopT

My Ancestors the Terry Family had a farm in the Carbrook area in the 1840-50's.

The land was at the Sheffield side of Broughton Lane.

The farmhouse was called Belle View and was at the top of Terry Street where the park is now.

There is an old house in the park but I think it is later than the Belle View House but I am not sure.

Has anyone any information about the Belle View Farmhouse or know of a picture or drawing of it?

it does appear on old maps of the period and is mentioned in the book Once Round the Lump.

Help appreciated.

Happy Days! PopT

Belle Vue on my maps Pop T.

This is from the 1862 directory;

Stephen Terry, gentleman, Bellevue, Attercliffe.

Hi Me & Pippo thanks for pointing out the Typo mistake must learn to take more care when asking for help.

Stephen Terry was my ancestor he was a Farmer, Pub Landlord, Overseer of the Poor, Magistrate etc. etc. Fingers in all sorts of Pies!

I am trying to find out more about the farmhouse & Farm.

Thanks for your reply