Mugging in the genel at the side of Rawson pub 12/04 *Man arrested*

Apparently there's a lot of police in hillsborough today.

Just drove past and there are police and paramedic outside Subway with a bloke sat on the floor, he looked like the one in the description so lets hope this is the man.

I rob people to fund my love of exotic holidays,would the goverment supply me with free exotic holidays then I won,t rob people.

Spotty dog,I hope your friend is getting over the trauma and gets her belongings back.

Edited by ukdobby

I hope it is him & with any luck he will still have the items.... I hope so! They have had plain clothed police officers in hillsborough today according to the police.all the pawn shops have also been fitted with cctv in the past few weeks. This guy has also been seen on a bike.

Just drove past and there are police and paramedic outside Subway with a bloke sat on the floor, he looked like the one in the description so lets hope this is the man.

Ooh sounds like he's in a bad way lets hope it is the man.

Mod Note

Posts inciting violence have been removed along with all references and quotes.

My friend was mugged today in the genel behind rawsons springs pub! He stole her necklace with her mum wedding ring on it!her mum is no longer with us & the ring has great sentimental value! He did this from behind & all Infront of her 6 year old daughter! They are both very shook up & the police have been notified...according to the police this is the second incident with the same man today.he seems to be targeting people with Jewelery & bags.

He is a white male 20s-30s

About 5ft 8 dark short hair

Wearing a black top pulled up over his nose & carrying a black rucksack

He may have a scratch to the left of his face courtesy of my friend.

This happened just before 12 pm this morning.(just before lunch)

Really sorry to hear this Hope they are ok and hope cctv somewhere has spotted the thug who has done it .

Fingers crossed they have caught him ! Must say I was slightly nervous walking around Hillsborough yesterday .:mad:

Don't get too hopeful folks. His lawyer will plead the poverty/traumatised childhood/mental health card and he'll be back out there doin his stuff before you can say popadoodledandy

Fingers crossed they have caught him ! Must say I was slightly nervous walking around Hillsborough yesterday .:mad:

Exactly and thats the awful part. If he is caught he will probably be let off with mental health issues like we have seen so often really. While decent people like you dont feel safe which is down right awful.

Nice to see a few cctv cameras in hillsborough... Iv noticed one on the bridge at hillsborough & another on Holme lane

---------- Post added 17-04-2015 at 09:18 ----------

Good news!!! He's been caught in the act by plain clothed police officers!! He's admitted to 37 other crimes! Apparently he didn't know my Friend had her daughter with her or he wouldn't of done it... Yeah right! He's still under arrest at the minute & police are still interrogating him.Police have said if it goes to court he maybe looking at 7 years in prison. Thanks everyone

Edited by spotty dog

Great news.lets hope they throw away the key!