Mugging in the genel at the side of Rawson pub 12/04 *Man arrested*

My friend was mugged today in the genel behind rawsons springs pub! He stole her necklace with her mum wedding ring on it!her mum is no longer with us & the ring has great sentimental value! He did this from behind & all Infront of her 6 year old daughter! They are both very shook up & the police have been notified...according to the police this is the second incident with the same man today.he seems to be targeting people with Jewelery & bags.

He is a white male 20s-30s

About 5ft 8 dark short hair

Wearing a black top pulled up over his nose & carrying a black rucksack

He may have a scratch to the left of his face courtesy of my friend.

This happened just before 12 pm this morning.(just before lunch)

Edited by spotty dog
Changed the time

I'm really sorry to hear that.

I think this is already a fourth case reported there! 4 days ago a woman got mugged at the corner of Walkley Lane and Holme Lane in Hillsborough. And another topic on this forum: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1383562

Edited by Branyy

I wonder if it's the same guy who mugged and assaulted the lady at the tram stop opposite rawson spring a few weeks ago in front of loads of people....he needs catching and locking up!!

I hope your friend is ok and gets her valuables back!

My friend was mugged today in the genel behind rawsons springs pub! He stole her necklace with her mum wedding ring on it!her mum is no longer with us & the ring has great sentimental value! He did this from behind & all Infront of her 6 year old daughter! They are both very shook up & the police have been notified...according to the police this is the second incident with the same man today.he seems to be targeting people with Jewelery & bags.

This happened just before 12 am this morning.

Do you have a description of the necklace & ring? Just incase it's been sold to a cash generators and somebody sees it.

I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's loss. I'm glad she at least wasn't attacked as my girlfriend was a few years ago when a herion addict took her bag.

I wouldn't be surprised if the thief who took her valuable mementos was a drug addict - not that this in anyway excuses him - but addicts are single minded in their objective and won't mind stealing in full daylight and in busy places. It's a fact that the majority of these 'daylight robbers' are drug addicts.

I really think it's about time we started to treat these people as the Dutch do and supply them with their drug of choice under controlled conditions. They found a dramatic drop in acquisitive attacks after doing this.

Edited by Slikkwiver

Do you mean just before 12 am (midnight) yesterday or just before 12 pm lunch time today?

That's awful! They must both be really traumatised by the whole thing. I walk up and down there quite regularly and as others have already said, these attacks may all be by the same man. I hope your friend and her poor daughter are ok.

Just before 12 at lunch time

They are both still really shook up & according to police there was an incident today around 10:30 outside b&m where again the man mugged a bloke of his necklace too.

---------- Post added 12-04-2015 at 22:54 ----------

I think the necklace was gold and it was her mums wedding band but I will double check the details with her tomorrow.

Just before 12 at lunch time

They are both still really shook up & according to police there was an incident today around 10:30 outside b&m where again the man mugged a bloke of his necklace too.

---------- Post added 12-04-2015 at 22:54 ----------

I think the necklace was gold and it was her mums wedding band but I will double check the details with her tomorrow.

It's absolutely terrible and I hope you don't think I'm siding with the scumbag who stole from your friend - I fully admit that if I'd been around when my o.h was robbed I would've wanted to mash him but I hope you know where I'm coming from.

Thankyou for your well wishes...Iv seen my friend today & she is still shaking.what made it worse it was her daughters birthday & she had just come back from buying her a birthday cake & this happens! Birthday to remember hey.the police are going round again today to take a statement as she only gave them a breif one yesterday. Police have been looking at cctv in the shops etc round that area.they have taken samples from her nails where she scratched him.

The necklace is a gold one with 3 Links then a single one.the ring Is her mums gold wedding band.

Edited by spotty dog
Auto correct on my phone changing words :-/

Some reyt' scumbags down Hillsborough of late, drunks, druggies and the feckless everywhere.

We need more bobbies on the beat, more CCTV cameras and tougher punishment for those caught.