Dog Behaviourist recommendations please

Can anyone recommend a good behaviourist/trainer for some 1:1 sessions for our 2 yr old border collie?

We're in Rotherham but could travel

Basically he is a super dog except for his issues on a lead. He becomes very reactive to other dogs and so far I have had not much luck in solving this. Off lead though he is great. Loves meeting new dogs, will happily approach and initiate play (if allowed to, no I don't let him just run up to random dogs!) and is really friendly and not at all afraid. Has good recall. Gets on really well with our older dog who is 7. Is very friendly with all people.Great at home.Good basic obedience.

But put him on a lead and then try walking him near other dogs and he turns into something demented. :roll:

It is really getting me down because it limits where we can take him. I also wanted to do agility with him but had to stop going because of this.

He does get loads of exercise and I can exercise him in quiet areas etc but it would be nice to go to slightly busier places (eg the park with the kids)sometimes.

I am looking for someone that can do 1:1 sessions, preferably out and about somewhere. ONLY people that use positive training methods please. No domination/pack/alpha stuff and no harsh methods.

If anyone knows anyone please can you let me know. I am getting deperate.

Thanks

Lottie is very good, I forget her username on here!

I wouldnt recommend Pawsitively pets. I would however recommend 1 on 1 with bonefido. Im using them after a failed experience with attercliffe and have found them brill.

It is Pawsitively Trained Pets - not the same as the one you refer to. The OP is based in Rotherham, as is Aimee Slack who is the owner/trainer.

I'd recommend pawsitively pets or save from boney fido !

---------- Post added 15-04-2015 at 22:00 ----------

Dave* from boney fido