Is the Dam House restaurant still going ?

Before I buggered off to pastures new, I regularly patronised the Dam House near the University. It had been the pavilion for a small park at Crookes. The food was wonderful, the wine worth dying for, and the prices not too bad. I can't remember the name of the proprietor but he had been the head waiter at The Grosvenor House in Sheffield. A good night out.

If you want a very special night out, or better still a special weekend, you can't beat Hassop Hall near Bakewell. It is not expensive for what you get.

Can strongly recommend.

P.C. Plod Harry Bunker.

Before I buggered off to pastures new, I regularly patronised the Dam House near the University. It had been the pavilion for a small park at Crookes. The food was wonderful, the wine worth dying for, and the prices not too bad. I can't remember the name of the proprietor but he had been the head waiter at The Grosvenor House in Sheffield. A good night out.

If you want a very special night out, or better still a special weekend, you can't beat Hassop Hall near Bakewell. It is not expensive for what you get.

Can strongly recommend.

P.C. Plod Harry Bunker.

Dam house used to be superb years ago,sadly its not the same,owners,chef or anything else.

Dam House is basically a decent pub in a nice spot these days.

Dam House is basically a decent pub in a nice spot these days.

It must have improved then because when 1st re-opened it was poor,but to beat the restaraunt it once was will take some doing.

Didn't Carlton Palmer burn it down by leaving a burning spliff in the ashtray....or something?

I popped in a few weeks ago with the Mrs and her family - popped straight back out again! No staff to be seen, menus were sticky and horrible, table we sat at was absolutely filthy and still no one to serve us drinks. Eventually some one came out and asked us what we wanted? Not to drink, literally"What do YOU want?!" so we hightailed it out of there! Its got so much potential but with it being off the beaten track it suffers in winter months.