Drummer seeks funk or hard rock band

elgrego

I am I am a 25 year old drummer with a decent groove looking for a band to jam, gig and record with. I've been playing about 8 or 9 years. I'm pretty laid back but I'm reliable. I'm looking for one of two things. Either:

A cool-ass funk band

I love anything that has an unbelievable bass line and a sweet groove. Give me horns and I'm happy. Add a little ridiculous and some absurd and I'm there. Style influences: Bill Withers, Betty Davis, George Mcrae, The JBs, maceo and the macs, war, king Floyd, Curtis Mayfield, Betty Harris, the metres.

I also play a little Latin, reggae and ska

OR

An absurdly loud aggressive hard rock/ metal / or grunge/ post hardcore band

Something that has the energy of bands like the Bronx, ghost of a thousand, refused, the massive riff tastic head-caving in sound of mastodon and the attitude of bands like nirvana, peal jam and soundgarden.

I do not under any circumstances play indie music so please do not think I might be good for your band. I hate your band. Sorry

• 4 weeks later...

If your up for something totally nuts..me and my mate are getting a an elvis tribute party band together! My mate is aready an elvis magician..you can check his facebook page. Elvis idol tendancies..he had all the moves,costumes and patois.. We are gonna do funked up elvis covets..classic american blues, rock and roll and the odd classic rock/indie song done in elvis style..all the band members are gonna wear Bonkers costumes..see dread zepplin on you tube for the kind of thing we mean..we are hopin to get proper paid gigs rather than just playing for mates!.. If you want barmy! Let us know!

This sounds hilarious but I'm not a fan of Elvis whatsoever so I don't

think I could throw much weight behind it...sorry. I'm looking forward to

seeing you round town

---------- Post added 10-05-2015 at 13:29 ----------

Hi there,

I'm not sure if my music is what you're really after but I'm after a drummer and some of the musicians you've mentioned are some of my favourites (even if they're not in the sam genre as what I play) - I love Bill Withers, Pearl jam, what I've heard of Curtis Mayfield and Nirvana (and would probably love more if I'd heard more of them).

My music is a mix of grunge and alternative rock? It's not absurdly loud or aggressive for the most part but may be malleable depending on the musicians involved.

I'm a guitarist/vocalist and have a bassist who I've played with several times (who reckons he's already met at an open mic night you and thinks your name is Josh). We're obviously not an established band but we're keen and there's plenty of room for a drummer's creativity.

Anyway, if you think there may be anything of interest there, get in touch!

Fabian.

Hi Fabian, I am interested in meeting up and having a jam. With mutual interests it could lead somewhere. My number is 07817284913 if you want to get in touch.

Sorry but this is very offensive. You hate my band because it's not what you want to play? how arrogant can you possibly get?

There are countless bands in Sheffield and surrounding areas that struggle week by week massaging egos, arranging gigs, buying gear, writing material etc and you, who isn't even in a band, feel you can hate our bands?

good luck finding a band. I feel the only people who may reply are the same people we've all tried before and they weren't worth the aggro. I'll watch with interest at how you progress as I love music in so many forms and you might offer something musically interesting to the local scene rather than this offensive tosh.

Jason - vocals and guitar in the Sevenths

Fatal joy, it was just a joke. Sorry if I offended you. I don't really hate your band, not that I know it. I'll keep an ear out though. In the past when I've looked for a band I've just had a lot of indie bands respond to my post so I thought I'd make it clear I'm not interested in that kind of thing. It was directed mainly at at people who aren't fans of indie as apposed to people who do like it as I'm sure you can guess.

• 1 month later...
If your up for something totally nuts..me and my mate are getting a an elvis tribute party band together! My mate is aready an elvis magician..you can check his facebook page. Elvis idol tendancies..he had all the moves,costumes and patois.. We are gonna do funked up elvis covets..classic american blues, rock and roll and the odd classic rock/indie song done in elvis style..all the band members are gonna wear Bonkers costumes..see dread zepplin on you tube for the kind of thing we mean..we are hopin to get proper paid gigs rather than just playing for mates!.. If you want barmy! Let us know!

This sounds really fun. I'm a drummer and am up for a laugh. I also like elvis, who doesn't?- I have no idea how this forum works. I'm rubbish at technology :)

Gina