Sick Notes - fake or real?

agreed. I'm sure some of my staff have faked a few days here and there but this one has been going on over a month now and I just feel enough is enough.

Thats rubbish for you mate, sorry to hear it and in these times where jobs are even more valuable it pains me when someone seems to be taking their boss for a ride. I recall having to be sent home from work on two occasions, 1st was because i had a tooth abscess the size of pluto on my face and the second time id broke my ankle the day before and haddnt got used to my crutches properly so they sent me home. I was gutted and argued for ages to stay but nope! The buggers made me go home for the day lol

All credit to the boss though because he made sure i was paid in full for the days they made me take off so i didnt lose out financially which was a big relief if im honest.

why dont you call the employee? Speak to them about it.

See if you can get a firm date for return.

If that doesnt work

You could also check out employment law about releasing them and getting someone else in.

Thats rubbish for you mate, sorry to hear it and in these times where jobs are even more valuable it pains me when someone seems to be taking their boss for a ride. I recall having to be sent home from work on two occasions, 1st was because i had a tooth abscess the size of pluto on my face and the second time id broke my ankle the day before and haddnt got used to my crutches properly so they sent me home. I was gutted and argued for ages to stay but nope! The buggers made me go home for the day lol

All credit to the boss though because he made sure i was paid in full for the days they made me take off so i didnt lose out financially which was a big relief if im honest.

All credit to you for grafting! Surprised you're not in work!

I've sent staff home in the past when I think they shouldn't be here. I admire people for making the effort. In 20 years of business, I've never put any of my staff on SSP before as I trust them 100%. The particular member of staff in question is breaking that trust.

I don't think I'm a bad boss but feel like I'm being taken for a ride

---------- Post added 11-04-2015 at 12:49 ----------

Have a look at this link

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=471424

See if it helps

thanks, few snippets of good advice in there

Edited by rickyday33

If you think your staff are taking the mick then sack them. Im on the lookout for work, give me their job :)

Can't do that.

---------- Post added 11-04-2015 at 13:32 ----------

why dont you call the employee? Speak to them about it.

See if you can get a firm date for return.

If that doesnt work

You could also check out employment law about releasing them and getting someone else in.

Don't think you can get rid of someone if they are ill.

Edited by tinfoilhat

oh the joys of providing employment to people

oh the joys of providing employment to people

Ha, exactly....:hihi:

Can't do that.

---------- Post added 11-04-2015 at 13:32 ----------

I don't think employers can use that as an excuse, but it doesnt stop people getting fired for other 'reasons' when they get back to work.

agreed. I'm sure some of my staff have faked a few days here and there but this one has been going on over a month now and I just feel enough is enough.

---------- Post added 11-04-2015 at 12:24 ----------

thanks for this. I feel a little powerless but hate being made the fool

you may have made that assumption please ask to see the genuine copy as I had to photo copy mine for my employer and it looked rubbish but needed to keep the original to claim on my sickness insurance

I don't think employers can use that as an excuse, but it doesnt stop people getting fired for other 'reasons' when they get back to work.

And if those "reasons" aren't real, it's off to the employment tribunal.

you may have made that assumption please ask to see the genuine copy as I had to photo copy mine for my employer and it looked rubbish but needed to keep the original to claim on my sickness insurance

That is a good point. I will put this to my employee. thanks

DWP can and do.