Electronic information at tram/bus stops

At Hillsborough Interchange there is a electronic display board that purports to show the bus and tram times

On a display running along the bottom is information that “Stands T1 and T2 are tram stops”

However according to the display of times the trams stop at HIL1 and HIL 2

Perhaps this is just to ensure that intending passengers do not rely on the displays for accurate information 

On 05/01/2018 at 12:43, the_bloke said:

Hands up if you think the publicly owned and funded electronic tramstops in Sheffield are as good as useless and you have serious issues with the implementation and operation of the system.

Keep your hand up if you have been posting on the other thread on SF about trains and have vocalised your support for re-nationalising the railways.

Look at that hand for a while and wonder if what you want actually makes sense.

I've not used a tram for a good few years now, as I tend to drive or use the bus for work; are these signs as bad as ever?

I use the blue tram every day - the timings in the last few months on the boards ( at least when I have been waiting) are now pretty accurate compared to when they were first introduced - maybe the GPS tech has improved - however, last time there was a major disruption about 8 months ago (i.e no Halfway trams were going to turn up in town due to flooding at Hillsborough) the boards were useless as they didn't scroll a warning message (indeed any message!)  which is pretty poor for a digital system- . Hopefully in the event of future disruptions the boards will be able to flag this up - In an ideal world with the sat nav tech available now they should be able to have a map at each stop with the GPS location of all trams highlighted in real time - as a blue yellow or purple dot. That way if you turn up at a stop and see your tram stuck in traffic a mile away you can go for a bus (or a pint)

Have the PTE and super tram finally recognised the dot matrix is not fit for purpose. Today all the tram running data is blank and only the message about wearing face masks is displayed

I think our trams are marvellous, it's just a pity they don't go anywhere I want to. 

Our local bus service is a complete farce.  No need for timetabling, there's usually one in 4 missing which the matrix lets you know with regularity at 30 seconds notice!  

I really don't know how the travelling public in my part of Sheffield get to appointments or work on time..........  Oh, of course, they do what I do and use the car. 

9 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

I think our trams are marvellous, it's just a pity they don't go anywhere I want to. 

Our local bus service is a complete farce.  No need for timetabling, there's usually one in 4 missing which the matrix lets you know with regularity at 30 seconds notice!  

I really don't know how the travelling public in my part of Sheffield get to appointments or work on time..........  Oh, of course, they do what I do and use the car. 

I love trams and yes when the system is working normally it is great. The issue are when things are not (as they will) going to plan and how they then respond

11 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

I use the first bus app, shows you where the bus actually is. Assuming you are on a first bus route.

Works really well in fairness.

13 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

I use the first bus app, shows you where the bus actually is. Assuming you are on a first bus route.

Works really well in fairness.

Thanks for this.  But then, on my route and buses no longer having Conductors and Inspectors anymore there's also running the gauntlet of having a foul smelling,  aggressive and mouthy oxygen thief sharing your personal space. 

I think I'll stick to the car for now.

23 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Buses havent had conductors on them for decades 🤣

In most places not since the days of Blakey, Butler and Olive (the 1970s)!

On 11/09/2021 at 03:03, Tipstaff said:

Thanks for this.  But then, on my route and buses no longer having Conductors and Inspectors anymore there's also running the gauntlet of having a foul smelling,  aggressive and mouthy oxygen thief sharing your personal space

I think I'll stick to the car for now.

How often does that happen on buses? I catch them regularly and can't recall a single time where I been subjected to aggression, or felt I'm "running the gauntlet".