Cheapest non-dodgy area?

Hello, how is everyone?

Where you reckon the cheapest place to live (counting muggings as a potential cost!) in Sheffield is?

That depends on your budget.

How low you wanna go? :D

You usually get what you pay for- with a few minor exceptions...I can think of a few places that are far too overpriced and perhaps even some that are good value for money. Although with the latter I reckon the west side is good value for money, although maybe you're not looking in a higher price bracket.

Specifics needed :thumbsup:

come and live in burngreave. I bought a house here a year ago and really like it. I have had no problems, the people are friendly, I have not been hassled at all, not seen any trouble.. I can recomend it.

I've heard Sothall is quite a nice area... Went to look at a studio appartment there the other day, it's such a lovely area, there were no kids hanging around on the street or any trouble... Looks fine to me... The appartment was priced at £39,950 which isn't too bad if you're young and itching to get onto the property ladder as I most certainly am!

Originally posted by caprice

I've heard Sothall is quite a nice area... Went to look at a studio appartment there the other day, it's such a lovely area, there were no kids hanging around on the street or any trouble... Looks fine to me... The appartment was priced at £39,950 which isn't too bad if you're young and itching to get onto the property ladder as I most certainly am!

You wanting to move up to my neck o the woods eh Caprice!

Good on ya lass!:thumbsup:

I'll be round for mi tea:D

I'll be round for mi tea

Haha beans on toast it is then DB! :thumbsup:

LOVE beans on toast. Add some marg or butter to the beans when cooking and they taste fab!:thumbsup:

Lol you're not meant to like beans on toast... lol! It's about the only thing I can cook... But I never do... lol... Boy am I going to have a shock when I leave home next year!!! lol!

Anyways, back on topic.... There's been a load of new houses on prince of wales road near the manor... Lovely little houses they are, shame about the location... No offence to my lovely manor people... :)

ooh, well the cheaper the better, like REALLY cheap, but i don't want to get attacked or robbed, and i don't have a car so it needs to be pretty easy to get around sheffield by public transport. is that specific enough?

actually i did think about burngreave but i don't know how safe it is, one friend of mine looks scared and says "aaargh attercliffe pitsmoor blah blah babble grrrhhnngrfff", another one says it's fine, don't listen to him

where else?

Sounds like you're better living in an out of town area served by the tram.

Hillsborough is a good medium but then again property prices have climbed significantly and you'll be heading towards a six figure sum for a terrace home there now.

If I were you I would look towards the Peaks District (Heh...get it...Crystal Peaks :D ) DaBouncer will be able to advise you on where to check out and where to avoid...

:thumbsup:

Woudlnt Bouncer just say Sothall? :D

I am moving to hackenthorpe... Cheap and Nice!

You could get a 2 bed ex council for 65 - 70!

Originally posted by Lickable

Woudlnt Bouncer just say Sothall?

I am moving to hackenthorpe... Cheap and Nice!

You could get a 2 bed ex council for 65 - 70!

Why would I just say Sothall? I wouldn't want the likes of you moving on my estate anyway ;) J/K

Nah I have friends in Hackenthorpe and the area for the most part is fine, although I'd avoid the shops myself.

Birley is also reasonable.

It depends on what your budget is, as Sothall is increasing dramatically in price and to be honest pretty soon it will be out of reach of most first time buyers. EG I bought my house for £69,950 July 2002 but now it would sell for at least £110,000 and it is only a 3 bed semi.

Halfway is nice but again the prices are shooting up.

You could probably find a good deal in Westfield, but I have heard (and read) mixed reviews on the area. I have never lived there so couldn't honestly say for sure.