Sheffield Parliamentary Candidates 2015

Ask them one question how would they vote in parliament if the constituents voted you in to get the motion supported it but the party wanted you to vote against it. Then hold them too it if it arises.

They are meant to be our elected representatives and chould reflect the majority of the elctorate who express an interest. Potentially, their only getout would be if it was a manifesto issue, as they could argue that by electing them you were giving them madate for their manifesto.

However, "I pledge" Clegg didn't do this - he just lied to get elected

Do you really think people would vote someone in on the basis of a hypothetical question?

They would vote with the Party not those who have elected yhem because the whips would force them. They are not for the votrrs only the party. Hence the way Clegg wrnt.

ukip gets my vote just as a protest vote:)

Protest against what ?

Stewart Lee put it best

"Voting UKIP in protest is like s***ting in hotel bed in protest over bad service & then realizing you have to sleep in a s****y bed"

Protest against what ?

Stewart Lee put it best

"Voting UKIP in protest is like s***ting in hotel bed in protest over bad service & then realizing you have to sleep in a s****y bed"

Protesting against 'University educated comedians' like Stewart Lee I suppose :D

Now which overeducated comedians are standing in Heeley ?

Two things really disappoint me about Sheffield politics:

1) All 6 seats are incredibly safe. 5 red, 1 yellow. About the only shift in the last 70 years was when Hallam went from Tory to Liberal in '97.

2) There are not more or any interesting independents standing. I'm sure where I used to vote you'd get about 15 candidates to choose from, not just 3 and some racists

---------- Post added 11-04-2015 at 09:12 ----------

Actually, I quite like the sound of the Pirate Party. Shame they aren't standing in more constituencies.

1) All 6 seats are incredibly safe. 5 red, 1 yellow. About the only shift in the last 70 years was when Hallam went from Tory to Liberal in '97.

2) There are not more or any interesting independents standing. I'm sure where I used to vote you'd get about 15 candidates to choose from, not just 3 and some racists

---------- Post added 11-04-2015 at 09:12 ----------

Actually, I quite like the sound of the Pirate Party. Shame they aren't standing in more constituencies.

Don't forget that last time out Sheffield central was decided by about 160 votes. Its still listed as a Lab / Ld marginal although clearly things have changed in the last 5 years.

Don't forget that last time out Sheffield central was decided by about 160 votes. Its still listed as a Lab / Ld marginal although clearly things have changed in the last 5 years.

You would think that given the LD lost vote, Greens would have a chance in Central. I hope so. Paul Blomfield lost my vote when he couldnt be arsed to turn up for the Syria vote, citing that his leader, Ed Miliband, hadnt asked him to return from holiday. :mad:

You would think that given the LD lost vote, Greens would have a chance in Central. I hope so. Paul Blomfield lost my vote when he couldnt be arsed to turn up for the Syria vote, citing that his leader, Ed Miliband, hadnt asked him to return from holiday. :mad:

Pairing is a common HoC practice: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/82599.stm

Opinion polls keep putting Labour ahead in Hallam. I'll believe it when I see it but it's not impossible for Clegg to lose.

Opinion polls keep putting Labour ahead in Hallam. I'll believe it when I see it but it's not impossible for Clegg to lose.

Its a pity that he was the only candidate who didn't attend the live debate on yesterday's Sunday Politics. He was represented by the Lib Dem leader from Sheffield Council instead.

A depressing array of choices for Penistone & Stocksbridge!