Myers Grove school in the early 80's

Suprised nobodies mentioned Killer Kearns English/games teacher and one half of a scouse mafia with another teacher whose name I can't remember,also no mention for my old form tutor Ms Harding or games teacher Mr Bennett.

miss harding was a right cow, she grabbed my hair in maths, so i grabbed hers, and she -stunk to high heaven of BO, i hated that school and her, i was there from 1977-1982,

miss harding was a right cow, she grabbed my hair in maths, so i grabbed hers, and she -stunk to high heaven of BO, i hated that school and her, i was there from 1977-1982,

Not the fabled best days of your life then?

Not the fabled best days of your life then?

nah, had some laughs though with a few mates, getting into trouble was on the agenda for most in those times, school was that crap, not mentioning any names but they know who they are heheh:hihi:, sadly some no longer with us :(

but hey ho

nah, had some laughs though with a few mates, getting into trouble was on the agenda for most in those times, school was that crap, not mentioning any names but they know who they are heheh:hihi:, sadly some no longer with us :(

but hey ho

I may have known some of them as I left in 1983.

I may have known some of them as I left in 1983.

i think you most definatly will x:)

OK, so which of you was it who were throwing fire - crackers in passges in the old part of the town of Boulogne Sur Mer , during your schoold trip there (which by my reckoning would have been in March 1984)?

For an ex-pat like myself, it was rather unusual to hear the words "Chuck it dahn that alley, theer" expressed in such a broad Sheffield accent , followed by scampering feet and subsequent explosions!

I'm glad you all had a good day.

haha. yes i remember that, buying nuddy cards n flick knives and throwing french bread at people off a bridge, then we somehow lost some gambling game with some french kids in the market square...we really absorbed the culture there.

---------- Post added 30-04-2013 at 22:20 ----------

ey up chuck!! I too left 1987, i remember mrs geldart, my form teacher and art teacher, mr barton my history teacher (but i spent most of these lessons outside the classroom door, soooo bad) mr hawkins my maths teacher, does anyone remember that american teacher we had on one of those job share things, poor woman didnt stand a chance:hihi:

wow. you will have been in my class. i was not allowed in that american teachers lessons. she taught biology, miss geldart was well sound, she used to let me make a coffee in her little pottery room, she never had milk, i got used it and had it black since then. mr barton was a top fella.

---------- Post added 30-04-2013 at 22:48 ----------

Mr Wright.......DUNGEON MASTER!!

mr kaerns, wasnt he magnum p.i. ?

I came past this morning and they were pulling the final part of the lower school down.

About time - it has looked a sorry state for too long - but definitely the end of an era (I was there 1980-1985)

Does anyone remember a teacher who was at Myers Grove in the late 80’s her name was Miss Wright also seems to have been known as Miss Harding she was a maths teacher 

Edited by Katieuings

On 29/03/2007 at 14:17, Saffron said:

Do you remember a maths teacher called Miss Wright ?

On 26/03/2007 at 12:15, joanne5600 said:

no i was there 85-89 i know some of them were there ages

was there 75-80 Mr Royston was form tutor j2 Mr Rhodes year tutor i could really relate to the film Kes by the experiences we had back then the some good some not so good.