Myers Grove school in the early 80's

I remember mr Furness saw him about three years ago at the hallamshire hospital he was visiting a patient other than older he not changed

I Left In '86. I Remember Mr. Byers (Biology)

Mr. Routledge (Maths,I Think & Form Tutor)

Ms.Taylor (Geography)

Mr. Johnson (French & Form Tutor)

Mr. Wright And His Audi

Mr. Barton (History):thumbsup: Top Teacher

Mr. Lever (Games)

Mr.Lloyd (Year Tutor)

They're A Few That Spring To Mind Anyway.

oh yes Mr Barton was a top teacher,he took a few of us to Blackpool in a mini bus for the day,put everyone at ease,you could have a laugh and a joke with him,unlike most other teachers

Mr Herringshaw ,spent a good amount of time in his office..left 87 :thumbsup:

Mr Herringshaw ,spent a good amount of time in his office..left 87 :thumbsup:

ey up chuck!! I too left 1987, i remember mrs geldart, my form teacher and art teacher, mr barton my history teacher (but i spent most of these lessons outside the classroom door, soooo bad) mr hawkins my maths teacher, does anyone remember that american teacher we had on one of those job share things, poor woman didnt stand a chance:hihi:

Was she the one that kept sitting down and breathing really slowly as the class ran riot ?

ha ha ha !!

Poor woman

There's something about Myers Grove in a movie on sheffieldhistory.co.uk

I remember some American history teacher around '82/3 that was on a swap. She decided it would be worth doing re-enactments of parts of the Russian revolution :loopy:

Clearly she hadn't quite explained the subject thoroughly enough about the bread riots as stale bread & rolls began to fly from one particular group. Did she have problems :hihi: :hihi:

there was miss barrett - pe mrs sherwood pe, mr astle - art, mr eyre english, mrs leatherbarrow spanish mrs fry french, mr brett - french who looked like penfold

I remember all of these teachers, were you there 1975- 1980?

no i was there 85-89 i know some of them were there ages

Ooh, I remember a guy called Paul Keightley, went out with him for a bit in 1983 (after leaving), he had a brother called Mark. I was besotted!

:love:

Ooh, I remember a guy called Paul Keightley, went out with him for a bit in 1983 (after leaving), he had a brother called Mark. I was besotted!

:love:

Hi Saffron . . .I'm a good friend of Pauls and we came across this when we Googled his name . . . he's now living in Leicestershire, still working for a major high street bank (last 19 years) with wife Cheryl and 2 teenage girls and is keen to know your true identity ?!

An honest response would be really appreciated !

I can't be arsed to read through the thread, but I was a pupil at Myers from 1979-1984, and remember those names. Sends a bloody shudder down the back of my neck.