Council land for sale

the only parcel of land I can imagine as being available for sale at the top end of Blackstock Road would be the former constable road school.

it was a school, but about, ooh, it must be at least 10/15 years ago, the school building was demolished and the school merged with the former Herdings School on the Herdings school site to form "Valley Park" school.

Kier took over most of the council years ago. This really annoys me to the hilt for different reasons. I moved from Shiregreen to Gleadless valley a couple of years ago. I had bought/ rescued a small pony for my kids. Everyone fell in love with our little brandy lol and he was a common sight, being walked on Ecclesfield bottom.

Alas We had to move as area was getting worse.

No problem, I thought, plenty of green spaces up here Gleadless valley? Yes there is but not so much as a blade of grass for a small pony!

We had to leave him behind to find a new home over at Bradfield bless him.

Kids heartbroken. All this land round here! No grazing available anywhere cos it's all being sold off :(

---------- Post added 08-04-2015 at 09:12 ----------

Ideal little field Heeley green? Nah it's under offer by KIER!

Edited by nikki-red

No doubt Kier slapped a few backs and bought the land cheapo cheapo by appealing to the 'Old Boys Club'.

It would make our eyes bleed if we could see half of the scheming and coniving that abounds in our hallowed Council Halls.

I agree there's lots of greesy palms in the town hall especially in housing and councillors ,

I agree there's lots of greesy palms in the town hall especially in housing and councillors ,

Evidence?

Or just made up speculation?

lets face it, Kier couldnt/ shouldnt really run anything, the shoddy way they repair/ upgrade council stock is frankly shocking, so something made scc give them the contract and it wasnt work quality!!

lets face it, Kier couldnt/ shouldnt really run anything, the shoddy way they repair/ upgrade council stock is frankly shocking, so something made scc give them the contract and it wasnt work quality!!

Agreed, the standard of work these bodgers do is appalling. The only time they get through the door is for the annual gas check. Anything else I do myself. Also chucked Henry Boots off during "decent homes" debacle, then the cheeky gits wanted to take promo photos in the kitchen I'd finished!

the only land that I can thik of tis at the side of the doctors and the old crab apple orchard opposite newfield green shopd when we moved on the valley over 50 years ago. where the doctors surgery now stands there were 3 small cottages ,. at the side there is a small plot of land and across blackstock there's the apple orchard or whats left of it but both those plots belonged to the farm cottages and pigs used to graze on the land next to the doctors, I think before blackstock road was built it was all one piece of land and pigs used to graze in the apple orchard and the land next to the doctors that's the only land I can think of ?? x

the only land that I can thik of tis at the side of the doctors and the old crab apple orchard opposite newfield green shopd when we moved on the valley over 50 years ago. where the doctors surgery now stands there were 3 small cottages ,. at the side there is a small plot of land and across blackstock there's the apple orchard or whats left of it but both those plots belonged to the farm cottages and pigs used to graze on the land next to the doctors, I think before blackstock road was built it was all one piece of land and pigs used to graze in the apple orchard and the land next to the doctors that's the only land I can think of ?? x

The location is in the link I pasted.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/business-economy/property-available/for-sale/land-at-blackstock-road-hemsworth.html#location

No they are Kier Assests team who were outsourced by the lib dems prior to them losing council control, but hey don't let the facts spoil your ill informed rant:rolleyes:

I fail to see how you interpret my post as a 'rant' - but then in my experience those with little sence have even less rationality.

I don't really care who owns what or who is selling what on behalf of whom - my opinion stands on the fact that councils are corrupt and most of their financial operations are based on back handers and 'The Old Boys Club'.

The bottom line is that Thatcher's legacy of selling off council properties has in the main benefitted big business rather than individual home-owners.

Have a google for how many properties are repossessed annually - see how well ionformed you are.

Edited by Slikkwiver

And if you read the link provided, it's not even up for sale, but for lease.

So how does that impact on my post??

The Council don't operate in a policy vacuum.

Local councils are being "encouraged" by the Government to sell off land for housing development:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13684111

Also see this from the Audit Commission:

http://www.audit-commission.gov.uk/2014/06/can-local-governments-2-5-billion-surplus-assets-be-put-to-better-use-2/

---------- Post added 09-04-2015 at 17:41 ----------

You're buying the leasehold (150 years), not the freehold, in other words. A lot of people buy houses on similar terms. This is "selling land" in any meaningful sense.