Norfolk road, S2

Hi everyone,

I've recently moved to Sheffield and renting in Kelham Island, S3. I really like living centrally and want to buy a house. Is Norfolk road, S2 a safe area? I'm being given a lot of conflicting information. I'd be very grateful for any advice.

Hi everyone,

I've recently moved to Sheffield and renting in Kelham Island, S3. I really like living centrally and want to buy a house. Is Norfolk road, S2 a safe area? I'm being given a lot of conflicting information. I'd be very grateful for any advice.

Sadly, no; it'd be a really lovely area if it was a bit safer. The police's crime map shows you the level of crimes around that area: http://www.police.uk/south-yorkshire/KB2/crime/

Norfolk Road is fine. We lived on Glencoe Drive for 3 years and spent a lot of time on Norfolk Rd due to dog walkied. Never had any trouble (even at unsociable hours), most houses are well kept. There are some lovely people living on the road that we got to know through time spent around the Cholera Monument.

The crime figures are potentially due to the fact that a lot of people park their cars along the road due to access to town and train station and free parking, however they do very regularly get broken into. Lots of friendly people. We moved away to Wincobank because we couldn't afford to buy there when it was time to stop renting, but had it been within budget we would have stayed. As a female dog walker, I can tell you I never felt unsafe walking by myself if that helps at all - I think that says a lot about an area!!

For comparison, I also used to live in S3 (green glass flats opposite Shalesmoor tram stop) and I felt more uneasy walking around there at night than I did around the Cholera Monument, so I can compare! :)

Thank you both for your responses. I really appreciate it. Gives me things to think about.

I have lived in this area for 20 years now and would not want to live anywhere else. Most people are friendly and talk to each other. I own an investment property on Norfolk road and know this road very well. It is a very desirable road for owner occupiers and when something comes up for sale, usually sells well providing the price is right.

Norfolk Road is a lovely road, in fact all the roads around it are as well. There's lots going on in the area, community cafe at Vic Meth centre, community concerts, norfolk sparkle choir etc, and people are really friendly here! Please don't be put off by the S2 postcode, we've lived here for 12 years and never had problems out of the ordinary.