Southey Green School

I also went the same years plus one as I stayed on to take O levels. I lived on Southey Hill. Are you Linda Morris? Hope you are keeping well.

not butting in ,but does anyone remember me,ALAN HARDY i was in your class thru the 4yrs i was there.maybe not clever enough for the fifth yr.was there a christine atherton?i remember you christine,one of the cleverer ones,ha ha,iwas mediocre but good at maths and of cause good old sport.everybody loved old boris!i cant believe ive missed a couple of reunions,but i did live in aussie for 9 yrs.lovely to have nice memories.take careALAN x

Edited by ablade

did june live on buchanan in a 4 bedroomed house across from the shops??

I went to Southey Green School from 1957 - 1961. I remember some of the teachers Boris Cooper for one. Who was the science teacher at that time anyone remember. I used to hate Mrs Carr. Classmates were John Cooper, Peter Bradshaw, Arnold Lilley,

June Hutchinson, Vivienne Pearson. Can anyone remember any of them.

Used to live on Southey Hall Road.

island girl do you remember me,Alan Hardy,i wasin the same class along with the names mentioned.wasnt peter bradshaw in the B class.old boris was a bit of a B wasnt he .remember stewart hopkins?,your name?

did june live on buchanan in a 4 bedroomed house across from the shops??

I remember Pete Bradshaw. He was pretty good at maths. I remember him from

my last year there, 1960 - `61. I don`t remember the teachers name, but she was medium height, slim, mid fourties( I think) and we were in an upstairs classroom I believe. The class I was in, I`m reasonably sure, were the remnants left over from other classes where the pupils had left due to being older. My birthday was at the end of August. So I was nearly always the youngest in my class.

I used to live on Southey Hall Rd. But knocked around with kids from all over the estate above Southey Green Rd and down to Deerlands etc.

Vanner.

Hi Kathleen,my name was Kathleen Hunter,glad you remembered me.I married Barrie Allsopp he was in your class at Southey,we have been married 49 years in November 2011.Can you remember my mom,Winnie she married Fred Walker,next door neighbour to your mom in Adrian Crescent.

hi kath,are you off lindsay avenue,above the shops.my name is ALAN HARDY.lived opp.lindsay rd.did you know Tony Bailey.was there a girl called,i think it was naylor,she was a decent runner.i think you was one yr above me at school.Alan.

I was born in 1949, so was there before you guys but well remember some of the characters you mentioned. I also remember having to visit the dentists there...how that memory strikes fear into me. Red rubber bibs and the smell of gas!!! No wonder I always hated going to the dentists.

I was at Southey Green from 1957/8 to 1961. I remmember the dentist very well. On my first visit some sort of vice was put in my mouth to keep it open. Rubber apron round my neck and oh that smell of gas. I fell asleep and awoke during the dentist pulling my tooth out, ouch. Will never forget that. Never liked the dentist since.

I was at Southey Green from 1957/8 to 1961. I remmember the dentist very well. On my first visit some sort of vice was put in my mouth to keep it open. Rubber apron round my neck and oh that smell of gas. I fell asleep and awoke during the dentist pulling my tooth out, ouch. Will never forget that. Never liked the dentist since.

hi blackhill,that bloody dentist.wasnt it a woman.i had the same experience of waking up whilst she was still pulling,i was in a right state.i wasthere from 1957-61.ALAN HARDY CAME FROM LINDSAY RD JUNIORS.

Remember the above lasses except Sue Martin,they were in my year but not class,Lesley Wilson,Pat Haywood,Christine Harrison and Ann Bettison were also the same year,as for lads Derek Siddons,Tony Marshal Paul Rumbelow and Trev Dawson,think I have the names right,it was a long time ago.

i am the girl they used to call titch at school , sharon weldon , i remember all these names

i am the girl they used to call titch at school , sharon weldon , i remember all these names

Think I do rmember you small and thin,titch seems to suit you.

Yes i agree the photo does look 50s,as i remember them looking older. I think I remember you, did you live off lindsey road?, did you have a friend called brian cowling? i'm Jean Atkinson i lived on Deerlands Avenue corner of Blackhill. do you remember Peter Varley he married Joan Gilliott. Peter Wilson also lived on Deerslands.

l lived on deerlands ave till 1964 and knew peter varley and his brother stewart as well as geffory hartley. l also went to southey green school with marilyn morton, susan greenhedge,:) wendy hoyland, marilyn and susan also lived on deerlands ave. it would be nice to know what happened to themall.

l lived on deerlands ave till 1964 and knew peter varley and his brother stewart as well as geffory hartley. l also went to southey green school with marilyn morton, susan greenhedge,:) wendy hoyland, marilyn and susan also lived on deerlands ave. it would be nice to know what happened to themall.

Hi. Do you remember a couple of lads from Deerlands area. Tony Peach, and Terry Fontana? I believe I`ve spelt them correctly. They would have been at Southey `till `61.