Southey Green School

you have a better memory than me....it's all very vague.....but I remember the Cargo's poem very clearly.......btw I am 58

Just seen this thread does anyone remember me.Linda Thompson ( now Turrell )

I used to hang around with Marilyn Witham who i still keep in touch with .

Yep i went to southey green school i left in 1975 then went to chaucer.Headmaster was lupton can you remember the headmistress from the infants Miss Hill what an old battleaxe she were. Other teachers i can remember are Mr Senior, Mr Gillard, Mr Drake, Miss Grapes, Miss Hayes, ooh nearly forgot Mr Roebuck and the best teacher Mr Chambers, 30 years ago how time flies.

I remember Mr Drake used to send me to Buchanan shops at dinner time to get him Midget Gems which he kept in a big brown jar in his cupboard.

Anyone remember Lesley Johnson, Pat and Majorie Bullous.

I always wished I had gone to Southey Green school as we lived close by on Piper Close, but went to St Pats instead.

I went to both Southey Green Junior School and the Senior School and left in 1956 to go to the Central Technical School with Tony Mooney and David Hutton.

I have posted some photos from the junior and senior school on "Friends Reunited" under Southey Green School that may be of interest.

One that may well be of interest is when a party of Senior School pupils went to the Isle of Man with "Boris" Cooper and some names I can remember are Carol Hayter, Valerie Mosely and ? Wison.

Some of the pupils I can remember from the last class I was in was Joyce Belk and Margaret ?? both of whom were quite bright but in those days it was quite chauvenistic so they were not allowed to take the exam - boys only I'm afraid!

Anyone know what happen to these people?

Tony Mooney I know as we still keep in touch - he now lives in London on Highbury Hill.

Hi, my name was then Kathleen Jebb, I left in 1965, started in 1950 it's people who went to school at that time that I remember the most, so if anyone was there at that time and remembers me, please get in touch.

I went to both Southey Green Junior School and the Senior School and left in 1956 to go to the Central Technical School with Tony Mooney and David Hutton.

I have posted some photos from the junior and senior school on "Friends Reunited" under Southey Green School that may be of interest.

One that may well be of interest is when a party of Senior School pupils went to the Isle of Man with "Boris" Cooper and some names I can remember are Carol Hayter, Valerie Mosely and ? Wison.

Some of the pupils I can remember from the last class I was in was Joyce Belk and Margaret ?? both of whom were quite bright but in those days it was quite chauvenistic so they were not allowed to take the exam - boys only I'm afraid!

Anyone know what happen to these people?

Tony Mooney I know as we still keep in touch - he now lives in London on Highbury Hill.

Is Tony Mooney related to Terry and Joe Mooney?

Remember Headley,had a few clouts of him,also Roebuck,Kay and Patterson,wasnt there also a Miss Tew?,had a few wacks off Lupton too,happy days.
MISS TEW.....she was one of the younger teachers,she had fat legs and in winter,wore leather boots with zips up the front....sausage legsTew ,we called her....

Is Tony Mooney related to Terry and Joe Mooney?

Tony Mooney had a sister called Kathleen and their father was called Joseph better known as Joe.His father (Tony's paternal grandfather) was called George Mooney of the Mooney Gang fame - see "The Sheffield Gang Wars" by J.P.Bean for further information.I am not aware of anyone called Terry.

Tony has written a number of articles for various newspapers including the Sheffield Star about his ancestry and he tells a great tale of his maternal grandfather who served in the First World War with the "Sheffield Pals Battalion" - the 13th Service Battalion of the Yorks & Lancs.

Hope the above enables you to clarify some points.