Southey Green School

I remember being at Southey green school 1962-1965.We had a little saying written on the girls toilets..Miss Revill is a devil she has a little fork she takes it everywhere she goes and prods you when you talk. Remember (Battle-axe) the domestic science teacher who married Mr nortcliffe and also took PE never forget wearing our green nickers in winter in icy conditions when she was wearing a track-suit! ha.

Mr Kay the fantastic head..Miss Marshall the art and english teacher ..never knew what happened to my painting which she put up on the corrider of a country hay scene with tractor..would have loved to have got it back.

Remember Delia Horner, Pam Jackson,Josey Jackson (sister) christine Pyle,Pam Goodhair Tony Lavill iris Scaife and few more.

On friends Reunited quite a few names are mentioned there with couple of old school pics with old teachers mentioned here also from John cosgrove who married Irene Broomhead.

Perhaps you may recognise some-one..

Edited by silvi

Here is a photo of the teachers of Southey Green School. Does this bring any memories. Who are the teachers?

thumbImage.jpg

Recognise Mrs Carr Mr Senior Mr Gowers and Mr Kay ..good memories..

Hi Silvi Yes I remember all the Names you have put . and Yes I Remember You Girls' had Green Knickers Ha but you all looked ok in them, its been nice to meet all of you on here as I only posted today and its nice to know that there is Friends from School Day on here , And Yes it brings Back memories of the Good old Days :) Silvi Thanks for the Photo I have not got any Photos of School days . But i am in Mr Lupton bad book Ha a lot !!!!

Edited by Webo

Hi Silvi Yes I remember all the Names you have put . and Yes I Remember You Girls' had Green Knickers Ha but you all looked ok in them, its been nice to meet all of you on here as I only posted today and its nice to know that there is Friends from School Day on here , And Yes it brings Back memories of the Good old Days :) Silvi Thanks for the Photo I have not got any Photos of School days . But i am in Mr Lupton bad book Ha a lot !!!!
Yes ha..only noticed the post here tonight too.cant remember the domestic science teachers name as we mainly knew her as "battleaxe" and catching her on the corridors with mr Nortcliffe when courting. Yes good memories ha..

The domestic science teachers name was Miss Baxter ..reason we all called her battleaxe..

Edited by silvi

From the photo, I also recognize: Mr (Boris) Cooper, sat next to Mr Kay. Derek (bully boy) Hedley, far right. Hugh Green (woodwork), back right.

Gowers,if i,m right,is in the centre,at the back,i,m sure Roebuck is to the right,next to the end,back row,Miss Pattison,front row extreme left,which one is Mr Senior then?

When i was there in the 60,s-early 70,s Senior wore glasses, He was the best teacher at that school.

Gowers,if i,m right,is in the centre,at the back,i,m sure Roebuck is to the right,next to the end,back row,Miss Pattison,front row extreme left,which one is Mr Senior then?

When i was there in the 60,s-early 70,s Senior wore glasses, He was the best teacher at that school.

I think that you're right about Gowers, I also think that Miss Marshall, the art teacher is stood next to Hedley on the far right/centre. This photo looks like mid 50's to me, as most of the teachers look a little younger than I remember.(Which puts some of the older ones, about my age now........which is a bit scary :( )

Hello Maureen. I left Southey Green Secondary in Aug. 1961.

Our family moved away from that area in 1963.

The people I knew from that area I lost touch with when we moved.

Mr Gower prided himself on having a selction of canes if I`m correct. One of which was filled with Lead believe it or not!

Hedley was a B*****D and a bully. In the playground he would make all the lads line up, touch shoulders etc. Then stand and wait for a muttering from the assembled lads. As soon as he heard this he would ask the culprit/s to give themselves up. Fat chance! After giving them maybe a minute or two, he would order us all into the school hall. There we would have to bend over and he would go down the lines formed cracking everyones arses with a PE slipper.

Did anyone on here witness this? Probably be the lasses, as the lads were all bent over having their arses walloped.

I remember Boris was very keen on shoes being polished to a mirror shine. I started in the annexe classrooms at the bottom of the site. The class I was in typically had Mr Gower and on the other end of the annexe was Miss Tarpy.

With whom Mr Gower was having a relationship, in the sundries cupboard between the classrooms.

Hi Sharon Yes i Do remember you did you know Elain carney and Elain Turton and its nice to know that there is old School Friends out there , if you can remember me my name is Stephen webster and i lived at Firth park then Horninglow Rd but i still live in firth park now Married with 3 grown up kids and Grandkids plus Great Grandkids as well LoL Thanks for your Reply if you would like to stay in touch My Email [email protected]

i can remember you stephen ,my name is brian wise ,i left after 2nd year and went to firth park . hope your well .

Remember Headley,had a few clouts of him,also Roebuck,Kay and Patterson,wasnt there also a Miss Tew?,had a few wacks off Lupton too,happy days.

I would love to see these if possible! Are you able to email them to me at all? :)

Hi there,

Yes can send you these photos if you send me your email address.I am new to Sheffield Forum,so i don't know if i am doing this right.

I have put some photos on Friends Reunited,if that helps.

Kath Allsopp(nee Hunter)