Southey Green School

thanks again for your time pietro

there are some interesting things in your last posting,mainly things you forget or don't even know

cya

Jonboy

mrs carr moved to the brushes- firthpark she was our form teacher.

Originally posted by stella fan

Yep i went to southey green school i left in 1975 then went to chaucer.Headmaster was lupton can you remember the headmistress from the infants Miss Hill what an old battleaxe she were. Other teachers i can remember are Mr Senior, Mr Gillard, Mr Drake, Miss Grapes, Miss Hayes, ooh nearly forgot Mr Roebuck and the best teacher Mr Chambers, 30 years ago how time flies.

I left in 1976. Bumped into Mr Chambers about a month ago. I remembered him (he's no beard now) and he remembered me! Totally amazing given not seen him for nearly 30 years! He's retired now (still in his 50's) and is looking and doing very well. His wife is still teaching at a school in Derbyshire. Great fella.

Southey Green Juniors and Seniors

I'm trying to track down any class photos (groups) from the 1960's.

I have contacted the school without success, tried the local studies and also the archives, no luck.

So any ex pupils or teaching staff of this fine establishment out there, can you help!

Guest poppins

My sisiters and I would love to have gone to Southey Green school, we lived within 5 min walk from there, mon sent us to St Patricks instead.

Is that nice playground still in Southey Green , it was kind of down in a hill, it had two entrances to it. ?

poppins says: Is that nice playground still in Southey Green , it was kind of down in a hill, it had two entrances to it. ?

Do you mean "Jacksons Playground" across the road from St. Leonards Church?

Guest poppins
Originally posted by pietro

Do you mean "Jacksons Playground" across the road from St. Leonards Church?

Don't recall a church right opposit it, one further down near piper close where we lived, walking down from the bus stop it was on the right, down in like a valley and you could get in it from the other street.

Hi, poppins.

I think wer'e talking about the same playground. It was on the corner of Herries Avenue and Everingham Road just up the road from St. Leonards Church, a couple of minutes walk away from Piper Close.

Sadly its now gone, built over in the last few years for new housing.

Take a look at the link below, does it ring any bells?

http://www.picturesheffield.co.uk/cgi-bin/hpac.pl?_cgifunction=form&_layout=picturesheffield&keyval=sheff.id=5950

Guest poppins

Hi, poppins.

I think wer'e talking about the same playground. It was on the corner of Herries Avenue and Everingham Road just up the road from St. Leonards Church, a couple of minutes walk away from Piper Close.

http://www.picturesheffield.co.uk/cgi-bin/hpac.pl?_cgifunction=form&_layout=picturesheffield&keyval=sheff.id=5950

Thats it , still looks almost like i remember it, funny, not too many kids used the playgroung, it was always almost empty.

Thank you.

Hi, poppins.

Where exactly would I find that playground had it been here today.

Is it where the new bungalows are or the grass outside the church on Everingham.

Cycleracer,

99% sure, its where the new bungalows are, on that pointed bit of land. I only vaguely remember it myself, I was from the other side of Southey Green.

Guest poppins

Cycleracer,

99% sure, its where the new bungalows are, on that pointed bit of land. I only vaguely remember it myself, I was from the other side of Southey Green.

I'm not sure either, as i can't remember some street names now

I could show you but not explain to you, I will ask my sister whats there now when i write to her, she's dosent have a pc yet, all i know is that you could kind of look down on it from one street comming from the bus stop, other side was not a bus run.