Southey Green School

i know the knight family used to drink in hillfoot club with the fox family too thirty odd year ago was his wife marylyn

Yep Marilyn is my sister.

any one remember Irene Weaver or Pearl Weaver.....??

yes, Irene lived quite near me - Maureen Mackenzie. I would love to get in touch with Irene but don,t know her married name.

I left Southey Green Secondary in 1960 - lived on Falstaff Road - Maureen Mackenzie - remember Irene Weaver and Pearl Weaver. I have not returned to the area since and often wonder about people who lived around that area during 1950 to 1960.

Hi forgive me for using your site but I didn't go your school, just trying to track a old friend who went to Southey Green School, then transferred to Chaucer, her name was Sue Bright, If your out there leave a message , M

sharon weldon, southey green school, remembers mr. lupton, mrs carr,mr. wheeler, miss may, ugh. mr. furnace, and so on, i lived on dryden drive, friends, janet, christine wright, diane battersby,maureen sarsons. i am now living in la torre in spain. p.s. mr and mrs northcliffe were the married couple used to teach french and dom. science.

I left Southey Green Secondary in 1960 - lived on Falstaff Road - Maureen Mackenzie - remember Irene Weaver and Pearl Weaver. I have not returned to the area since and often wonder about people who lived around that area during 1950 to 1960.

Hello Maureen. I left Southey Green Secondary in Aug. 1961.

Our family moved away from that area in 1963.

The people I knew from that area I lost touch with when we moved.

John

anybody go to southey green school 1960 to 1970 any memories from then?

i remember catching miss eatough and mr furniss in the back room of the science lab, miss eatough was " JUST COLLECTING HER GUITAR ". also remember, pat haywood, diane farnsworth, albert from southey hill the o,briens, god it,s all flooding back now.

hya my name at the time of my schooldays was Kathleen Jebb, l had a brother 2 years older than me called Jimmy (James),

lm new to the Sheffield Forum, but reading through these posts, l remember most of the teachers. unfortunately , not the people writing the posts. l attended Southey Green School from infants to Juniors, 1950 to 1960.

My best friend was called Margaret O Brian, whom l have not seen since the day we left school, l think she lived somewhere near the Magnet, but lm not sure because l never went to her house. Some of the people l remember were Irene Weaver, Kathleen Hunter, somebody called Jacqueline but l cant remember her surname, Brenda Hodgekinsand more, and if someone mentions their names l would remember them.

l remember having a crush on Mr Pride, l was in his class.

Hope to hear from you

Hya , l knew Irene Weaver at school, she was in my class, we werent best mates but we were friendly. My name then was Kathleen Jebb, and if you do contact her please remember me to her. K

hi kathleen, my name at school was sharon weldon , i lived on dryden drive, but didn,t start southey until 1970, keep in touch if you think of any more names , shaz.

hi jewls, bill and agnes had a niece living with them called irene purcell and they lived on the right hand side of dryden drive right at the bottom.