Southey Green School

I'm Pats younger brother I will tell her next time I see her that you were asking about her

Hi sorry for not getting back to you. I wonder if you would tell Pat that i was asking about her and would love to get in touch.

I am not sure how we can get in contact.

Sue Heathcote (was Susan Lukaszewski)

Can anyone remember playing in the school football team around 68 with Steven Haslam..Glyn Marshall..Paul Liversidge and Steven Bell?..Mr Caterer was the P.E. instructer.

I was in Mrs Rowley's class B4 when I left in 1961. Still remember her red finger nails. 

I went to Southey Green School, the juniors from 1964 to 1966.   My parents had moved back to Sheffield from Canada where I was born and we lived with my grandmother on Southey Green.    Not sure if anybody remembers me, red hair, Canadian accent, though I expect people thought I was a Yank.

Is there anyone else on here who went to Southey Green school  I left in about 1963 ...I can only remember a few names in my class.

Christine Marshall/..Janet Taylor../..Ernest Fox...Peter Garsithe / Anne Bloomer...Janet Holland../John  Chalfin ./  

(STAFF).. Mr Kay head teacher...//..And I think Mr Gowers was our Teacher our classroom was one of the annex.

It would be nice to hear from someone who there at the same time as myself

I attended Southey Green infant and junior school from 1956 - 1962. I can remember Miss  Patter son  the headteacher, Mr Senior, Miss Smith, Mrs Morrell, Mr Roebuck and Miss Tew.  I remember the assembly, each morning, singing "O Welcome in our Midst" with a piano  accompaniment.  Miss Patterson always used to say," You can't do better than your best, but, be sure it is your best!!"

It's strange how these memories come flooding back. I can remember most of my class before I left and have the class photo and also the  photo of the monitors. Some of the girls in my class were:

Kathryn Kidd, Karen Day, Hilary Upchurch, Linda Piggott, Anne White and Josephine Ruddiforth.

The boys included Alan Farnsworth, David Clarke, David Smith, Gary Shore, William Beal, Peter Scott and Leslie Asquith. I'm sure I'll remember more names when I find the photos. Miss Tew was our class teacher in my last year and she always dressed very smartly with a pleated skirt and twin set. Her handwriting was beautiful .

I always loved my time at Southey Green School and have some fond memories.  Would love to hear other peoples memories too. I was, then, Lynne Middleton and had a sister  Christine who was three years older than me and also attended Southey.  Her best friend was Linda Herd

Hi I am just enjoying reading all these messages on here, glad I've found it I remember Delia Horner & the others anybody remember me Linda Thompson. Does any body know what happened to David Carr. I used to live across road from him when at school on North Hill Road.

Hi, just seen the forum for Southey Green High .I left in 1966 and had some great times.

Would love to hear from any one who remembers that time. All the teachers mentioned on other messages I remember like Mr Lupton (Head).

He used to pay for me to get my hair cut. His assistant Mr Webster (Spider). Mr Parkin very good teacher. I lived on Palgrave and best mates were Mick Dawson, Mick Pridmore, Pat Street, Fred Kent to name just a few.

John St Clair

Does anyone remember Fred Sanderson. we used to be sent cross country running by Derek the slipper Hedley.

Fred used to always win so I had to settle for second place

Does anyone remember John Herd,  kenny Peacock, Jimmy Staniforth

Edited by Sheetmetalman