Southey Green School

We lived at 17 Southey Hill up to 1970ish,O'Briens,remember Rumbelows at 19,Taylors at21.

Yes i remember O'Brians,there was a girl nexdoor her name was Susan ?, was told some time ago that she died.Rember Rumbelows a girl there too, Rita.Taylers they was our neighbers can't remember any of there names though.

Good to here from you, i have lived in Canada now since 1974.

Yes i remember O'Brians,there was a girl nexdoor her name was Susan ?, was told some time ago that she died.Rember Rumbelows a girl there too, Rita.Taylers they was our neighbers can't remember any of there names though.

There was a toung girl of the Taylors died,think it was Jeanette,there was also Patrick and Andrew,I remember a guy called Ken Neaves lived at 23,this was about the late 60s.

Spoke to my elder cousin who says a girl called susan mcdnald(lived other side of you)died.

I went there in 1934 if that helps,there was a water garden in the middle of the area and classrooms all round. Parsons cross was just started but we used to walk across to Ecclesfield.

my mum and her family lived top of southey hill number29 i think bang across from the church their surmane was hodgson

I was at the school from 65 to 70 when I moved to Chaucer. Southey was a brilliant school and gave me a first class edukashiun.

There was a toung girl of the Taylors died,think it was Jeanette,there was also Patrick and Andrew,I remember a guy called Ken Neaves lived at 23,this was about the late 60s.

Yes those names seem to ring a bell. I would'nt know the neaves we moved from #23 in about 1960-61 to Hackenthorpe, i hated it it was too quiet after living at the top of the hill, the old Leyland buses changed gear right in front of our house.

If anyone is interested there will be a Southey Green school reunion on the 27 May at The Tavellers Inn, Ecclesfield from 3pm to 6 pm, it could not be held at the school because of constuction

Graham Wyatt

Just reviving this old thread. Anyone there from '61-'65. Remember stuff like Ewden,Welbeck, Porter, Loxley houses? Teachers such as Boris Cooper,Mr Hooper, Mr Paul Bishop( superb), Mr Green, Mrs (copy these 4 blackboards) Rowley, Mr Hedley( what a ****),Mr Furniss,Mr Howe, Mr Webster,Mrs Carr,Miss Paramore.

Sutherland Rd Baths: Mr Scott

Hi i went to southey green and left in 75/76 yrs.

I was also at sg, started inthe infants in 1950 and went thro to the seniors eventually leaving in 1962 after taking my GCE's. My name was Christine Wilde and I am hopefully doing another re union some time this year.

Does anyone remember a little girl called Dawn Morley who went to Southey in the 60s? I often think about her because she was badly bullied at times and Id love to know if she is having a good life, she certainly deserves one.