Southey Green School

I attended Southey Green School from 1977-79 then moved to Chaucer School. I was in the girls netball team at Southey Green School usually playing GA or GS. Anyone else in the same team at the same time? I think we were quite a good team from what I can remember. Unfortunately did'nt carry on with netball when I moved to Chaucer.

I went to southey 1960 to 1970,played c/forward for school side,remember beating shirecliffe 1-0 in Sandersons trophy final,1966,good years Imust admit.other lads include K'Turner,Pete Stancill,Peter Pollard John Bettison and John Hill.

I attended the junior school from 1947 - 1953.

Teachers I remember, Miss Dewsnap, headmistress, Cynthia Raynor, Jean Peerus, my favourite, Mr. Senior, Miss Smith, Mr. Pinkerton, and Mr. Roebuck. There was also an ex RAF pilot, who enjoyed telling about the tin plate in his leg, installed after a crash during the war. He brought a bunch of comics to give to us as bribes for working harder. Remember the clinic and the regular visits to the dentist for check ups, and worse.

think i actually remember you ginger.my name is brian wise now living in nerja (east of malaga). was there around 1964 for 2 years then went to firth park. anyone remember mr aizlewood

gym +maths i think,was well handy with size 13 slipper. also mr headley with the float at sutherland road baths on swimming days(mr scott i think was swim instructor @ baths.)always managed to get free tickets for blades games from hedley,and sometimes for the other team to see them loose.only ever bumped into one person from there +that was leon smith in josephines one nite. i actually worked on door there for a few winters.my mates daughter is a teacher there now and it sounds pretty rough.

actually did used to see one other person a lot ,richard foulkes(school goalkeeper).always down town and in josies where i always was (socially).he actually blades 3rd team goalie spot for a while with tom mcallister

i went to southey school in the mid 80's i remember us winning the loxley football trophy in last year there. ashley burgin was our top striker. it was only 6 a side so only the best got into the 1st team and luckily i was one. year 3 also won the league the same year they had good players too like danny howden and ben rees. what a year it was for southey green.

I live just down the road from Southey Green School, if none of you have it this is the link to their website Southey Green School

Just click anywhere on the page and it will take you to the main links

anybody go to southey green school 1960 to 1970 any memories from then?

I was at Southey Green Sec Mod School until 1961 started in 1957 from Lindsay raod juniors

I used to attend Southey Green Sec Mod school 1957 -1961 went there from Lindsay Road. Last teachers name Mrs rowley 4B

I know Im going off at a tangent but while were on the subject of Southey Green I had an Auntie and Uncle who lived there, William ( Bill) & Agnes Hutchinson, Im not sure on my cousin's names but Bill & Agnes would be in there late 80s now, long shot but any one know them or know of them.

Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

I attended the Junior School at Southey 1955-61

I am struggling to remember the teachers at that time.

I lived on North Hill Road .

Great playground and grassed area - ideal for footy as I recall.

Anyone out there with a better memory ?

I went to Southey Green did all my shool time there left in 1958, i lived at the top of Southey Hill # 23 oposite North Hill rd. Graham Wyatt

We lived at 17 Southey Hill up to 1970ish,O'Briens,remember Rumbelows at 19,Taylors at21.