Sheffield Half Marathon 2015

Just entered Leeds.

If anyone else is thinking of doing it might be best sooner rather than later as judging by the bib numbers floating round it may be near capacity and its sold out in previous years.

Anyone do both Sheffield and Leeds HMs this year? I would be interested to know how your times compared. I thought Leeds was quite a flat place until Sunday morning!

Only 6663 results on the official site, so well short of the 9000 expected.

Anyone do both Sheffield and Leeds HMs this year? I would be interested to know how your times compared. I thought Leeds was quite a flat place until Sunday morning!

Only 6663 results on the official site, so well short of the 9000 expected.

Did Sheff this year and have done Leeds in t`past. For me, Sheff is like an extreme version of the Leeds course; both have decent , testing climbs but all in the first half of the race. I`d say Leeds is a fair bit quicker / easier.

I did Leeds HM on Sunday (entered ages ago) for the first time. The climb in the first 4 or 5 miles took me by surprise, and the heat too. Sadly, I was over 16 minutes slower at Leeds HM, compared to Sheffield HM. I can only blame it on the heat, and not knowing the course profile beforehand (normally, I would say Sheffield is the harder slower route).

Thought Leeds was okay, but much preferred Sheffield HM, much nicer route IMO.

I did Leeds HM on Sunday (entered ages ago) for the first time. The climb in the first 4 or 5 miles took me by surprise, and the heat too. Sadly, I was over 16 minutes slower at Leeds HM, compared to Sheffield HM. I can only blame it on the heat, and not knowing the course profile beforehand (normally, I would say Sheffield is the harder slower route).

The route wasn't very scenic, that's for sure. I saw several casaualties being attended along the route, so you weren't alone in finding it tough.

Yeah, I noticed a few ambulances too, and a few runners collapsed in the road side. Hope everyone was okay. :)

I did Leeds 3 min faster than Sheffield....I did the first 9 miles in 1.10 min but it took another 41 min for the last 4.5 miles...It might be due to the heat ...

Leeds 1.51

Sheffield 1.54

cheers

BTW: Did you collect the special tech tshirt for Double season ticket holders from the Run Office?

---------- Post added 12-05-2015 at 13:35 ----------

Yeah, I noticed a few ambulances too, and a few runners collapsed in the road side. Hope everyone was okay. :)

yes I too saw them...this is usual specially the last few miles...few runners collapsed...something to do with the heat I guess

---------- Post added 12-05-2015 at 13:38 ----------

The route wasn't very scenic, that's for sure. I saw several casaualties being attended along the route, so you weren't alone in finding it tough.

Agree..

Sheffield new course was much scenic

Leeds was no where near to Sheffield in terms of the crowd support too...

but enjoyed and liked both....will be doing next year ....

I didn't know about the special 'double shirt' (although I have a 'treble' ticket...).

I have never seen so many casualties at a HM before - completely new to me although this is the 4th I have run in.

I ran 1h45, so about 30s slower than the 2104 Sheff HM (I was not around this year) and 4 min slower than the completely flat Vale of YorK HM.

I didn't know about the special 'double shirt' (although I have a 'treble' ticket...).

I have never seen so many casualties at a HM before - completely new to me although this is the 4th I have run in.

I ran 1h45, so about 30s slower than the 2104 Sheff HM (I was not around this year) and 4 min slower than the completely flat Vale of YorK HM.

ah... if you have a treble ticket you will get it when you finished the Yorkshire Marathon I guess...I was only a double season ticket holder and in the email they had asked me to visit the Run office to collect my special gift...it was a tech tshirt....

Edited by larryking

ah... if you have a treble ticket you will get it when you finished the Yorkshire Marathon I guess...I was only a double season ticket holder and in the email they had asked me to visit the Run office to collect my special gift...it was a tech tshirt....

Hope so, or I missed out!

Just to compare; my times were:

Sheffield HM - 1:50

Leeds HM - 2:06 ... I think my last mile was my slowest, probably over 11 mins, running shoes are going in the bin!!!

---------- Post added 12-05-2015 at 14:43 ----------

...and 4 min slower than the completely flat Vale of YorK HM.

1:42 for Vale of York was a great time, it was mega hot that day!

hi

I did both too.

Although I was very slightly quicker at Leeds I found it really tough one of those races where you suffer the whole route,probably partly down to me not knowing the route and setting off to fast.

The route and support along it were not as good as Sheffield although there wee huge crowds at the end.

9k took part and in some areas there was pretty bad bunching.

Might do some fell running this summer anyone done the dig deep peak district ultra/intro ultra? supposed to be a great race.

1.51 Sheff

150 Leeds

We should have a Forum HM group - we are all running within a few minutes of each other!

I have Eyam HM and Buxton HM coming up this (and next) Sunday. Anyone else doing those? Very scenic! Tempted?

---------- Post added 15-05-2015 at 09:53 ----------

We should have a Forum HM group - we are all running within a few minutes of each other!

Not a bad idea. Maybe useful for coordinating lifts too.