Sheffield Half Marathon 2015

Yeah. They totally need a new system next year. As a previous poster said, they should sort the bags by number (in lots of 100 say), keep them in lines and have staff behind barriers retrieve the bags for runners, after they finish the race.

I think most events have that kind of a system, or similar. No brainer really.

3 years ago Manchester marathon had a similar problem with long queues of runners waiting on a bitterly cold, wet day. The organisers admitted that the system hadn't worked, apologised and got it all sorted out for the following year. Hopefully the Sheffield organisers will take note of the feedback because in every other respect it was a superbly run event.

Think there`s a 10k at Rother Valley next Sunday too.
there is but its a fun run where you get stuff thrown at u on way round but oct will be an official sheffield 10 k

To be honest I find with a little thought/planning you can usually avoid the need to check a bag in.

In 14 events I have yet to check one in.

Someone told me that the 10k/5k at RVCP on Sunday weren't timed events?

Does anyone know if that is correct? I cant find anything on them apart from that site.

I don't know anybody who has entered.

Someone told me that the 10k/5k at RVCP on Sunday weren't timed events?

Does anyone know if that is correct? I cant find anything on them apart from that site.

I don't know anybody who has entered.

I'm pretty sure it will be timed. With these charity ones, I'd never be too reliant on timing or distance being exactly accurate though.

I did a cancer one at RV a few years ago and was very happy with my time. It turned out that it was about 200m short though so I never counted it as PB.

Said it elsewhere, but better said here. Thank you to all who came out and cheered us on. It was very much appreciated - both the crowds and the small groups. It later occurred to me that the spectators were cheering us on for over three hours and for each runner it must have seemed like they were cheering each one. I think that took more mental stamina than the running!

On the event, my first but thought it was great apart from the baggage pick-up.

Re the toilet queues, they were long, but the one I was in moved pretty quickly, so didn't wait as long as feared.

Finally, my time hadn't shown up, but this morning it's appeared on the official site. So anyone still missing theirs might want to have a look. They had had a db issue on Sunday, apparently.

http://chiptiming.co.uk/results/?sport=1&year=2015&event=372&race=1280

Just entered Leeds.

If anyone else is thinking of doing it might be best sooner rather than later as judging by the bib numbers floating round it may be near capacity and its sold out in previous years.

Can you spot yourself on Eccy Road??

Yeah!!!

My eyes are burning from trying to spot my friends and me, but i found us! I'm at 10:10 side to side with 2hr pacer, Adrian Moss.

Thanks for filming and posting it.

:thumbsup:

Here are the times of a few characters that might help others find themselves if they were running nearby:

6:50 Ironman and Spiderman

8:00 Nando Chicken spectator

11:28 Thor

12:00 Bradfield Brewery Farmers Blonde Bottle

12:09 Minion

14:38 Chilian Chicken Man

15:50 Batman and Robin

16:36 Big Trainer

17:10 Steel City Striders Dog

17:36 Ice Hockey Players

18:17 Mountain Rescue Gang

19:45 Big Ear Posse

21.05 Scooby Doo

25:50 Macmillan Trolley Man

Yeah!!!

My eyes are burning from trying to spot my friends and me, but i found us! I'm at 10:10 side to side with 2hr pacer, Adrian Moss.

Thanks for filming and posting it.

:thumbsup:

Yes, another vote of thanks for posting it, but if I'd known it was going to be online I'd have tried to look happier, and more athletic :)

It was a great day, although there must have been a few learning issues. Toilets and baggage collection seemed to be the biggest, but the only t-shirts left by the time I arrived back were small and medium - too tight for me to wear. Another reason to get moving better in 2016!!