PDSA and Working Full Time ..

Can you still use PDSA even if you work full time and pay the goin rates for the service .. its just i find PDSA are straight to the point with things where as VET Practices will want to do a million tests just to get as much money out of you as they can ..

Can you still use PDSA even if you work full time and pay the goin rates for the service .. its just i find PDSA are straight to the point with things where as VET Practices will want to do a million tests just to get as much money out of you as they can ..

I believe PDSA is means tested so it's doubtful you could use their service as the idea is that it's their for people who cannot afford to pay vets fees. However, I can say wholeheartedly that Springfield vets (Moorgate branch) will not do unnecessary tests or ever rip you off. We use them for all of our animals and they have been amazing in every way, and they have always been so honest about available tests but always said if they think they are worth the costs depending on prognosis etc which we have always really appreciated.

Give them a go, I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised....and most importantly they ALWAYS put the animals welfare first!

Must admit I've often said the same (especially after being fleeced for years by vets for tablets for a condition my dog didn't have & paying 100's because the vet decided they needed 6 X-rays instead of a couple) once even tried charging me when the vet accidentally broke my dogs jaw when removing a tooth & they added the treatment to my bill.

The problem is the temptation would also present itself to the PDSA & those paying could end up getting overcharged to finance the others.

Fortunately I have now found a vet who I trust

Peak Vets on Olivet Road Woodseats get my vote every time. Never once felt done over by them. They also have their own 24 hour out of hours emergency service which is excellent.

Unfortunately you can only use PDSA on benefits so no they wont see you.

I find Alan at Beech house to be very good.

Another vote for Peaks, wouldnt use anywhere else now

I know loads of people who have paid hundreds of pounds out for tests and the tests have come back inconclusive . Swap vets that's my response, good vets know their stuff they give you common sense advice . Do your research , and surprise suprise old remedies that have been used for years often do work and are cheaper . Unfortunately some vets just see pound signs not a dog with a simple complaint in front of them .

If you're in Barnsley, there's a fab vets4pets out there that seemed very reasonable to me (cheaper thN the one in sheffield and much longer opening hours) can't remember where it is, but it also has a hydro pool so that may help if u google it

Thanks guys for help .. we took her (dog) to vets4pets in barnsley ... she was passing blood when she pee'd .. they said her bladder was inflamed so suspected it was cystitis .. shes had a week of meds and is a million times better .. cost £25 for vet .. £50 for meds ..

Ah that's great news. Glad she's feeling better