1950s house rema conclad

I have just bought a 1950s rema conclad house and can anyone advise to whether the artex that's on ceilings may contain asbestos

I have just bought a 1950s rema conclad house and can anyone advise to whether the artex that's on ceilings may contain asbestos

I would say that it is highly probable due to the age however the only way would to have it tested by a licensed firm.

e4 environmental is one however there are many others

Rema did not artex ceilings so they were done by previous owners. If you can contact any of these probably your best bet. Millions of houses have artex ceilings including my house which is less than 20 years old. :hihi:

Rema did not artex ceilings so they were done by previous owners. If you can contact any of these probably your best bet. Millions of houses have artex ceilings including my house which is less than 20 years old. :hihi:

yes and millions have probably got asbestos in them.

yes and millions have probably got asbestos in them.

Which is why Spider is advising if it is possible to discover when it was applied. Artex containing asbestos has not been available for over 30 yrs. The asbestos containing material is safe, providing you don't start sanding, drilling or trying to remove it.

If there is any doubt and the OP wishes to have a flat ceiling, a plasterer can skim over a light pattern. If it is a heavier pattern, a tight bonding coat may have to be applied first.

Edited by handypandy