Shoplifting in coop

Pretty sure coop have centrally managed CCTV, so they shouldn't NEED to phone the police.

Also, who in their right mind would give chase? Not worth potentially putting your life at risk. What could you even do if you caught them anyway?

Correct, no doubt the CCTC evidence will secure a conviction sooner or later

How many times have we seen headlines outlining court cases where the defendant has stolen food to feed themselves or their kids? Very few.

How many of them actually steal easily portable, sellable, meats, cheeses, aerosols etc that can be easily and quickly sold off in the pub in order to feed their habit.

I don't know, but I bet it is more to feed a habit than their kids.

How many times have we seen headlines outlining court cases where the defendant has stolen food to feed themselves or their kids? Very few.

How many of them actually steal easily portable, sellable, meats, cheeses, aerosols etc that can be easily and quickly sold off in the pub in order to feed their habit.

I don't know, but I bet it is more to feed a habit than their kids.

When I lived in Lincolnshire about 15 years ago, the local addict would knock on the door at least once a week trying to sell me coffee, razor blades or a joint of beef that he had stolen, in return for cash to buy his next fix.

If you are in a small shop and they have the coffee and razor blades behind the counter, that's why.

ive just witnessed a shoplifter fleeing from our local coop. he looked like he was on drugs and probably just needed the stuff for his next fix. not one of the staff gave chase or even phoned the police (while I was there ) I asked my wife who was sat in the car outside if she saw him running past and she hadn't but her answer shocked me when she said if it was food in the basket and not beer etc he probably needs it to feed his kids :suspect:

Looking at the coop prices they've been fleecing people for years with their overpriced ecofriendly rubbish. Its probably not worth it anyway what he stole might be worth about £1. or £0.10 wholesale to them.

Shoplifters usually have borderline personality disorder which is fully treatable.

In an Islamic state, the shoplifters would have lost a hand or two by now.

Why is this relevant?

Why is this relevant?

'Cos they couldn't pick up the stuff to nick it.

'Cos they couldn't pick up the stuff to nick it.

It isn't relevant.

It isn't relevant.

So, you're saying the thieves would pick up items with their mouths then do a runner? Yeah, could happen, I suppose :suspect:

Or have a hook fitted? ... that would damage the goods though and they wouldn't be able to sell them to their fences.

The day we adopt the barbaric customs and punishments of countries where extreme forms of Sharia law pertain, will be the day we lose our identity and our decency.

It's not even worth joking about.