The ITV Leaders' Debate

Has housing been increased in the last five years, I did read that 15,000 houses were to be built in East Anglia but haven't heard if they were built.:(

Wasn't there talk of a brand new spanking garden city or something daft like that?

What are parents doing with their money if they aren't buying their kids socks and coats and food? Surely the problem is with the parents first and foremost.

What are parents doing with their money if they aren't buying their kids socks and coats and food? Surely the problem is with the parents first and foremost.

Even with uniform most schools have a PTA which sells second hand uniforms. But that requires active intervention from the parent to pick up the phone or ask at the school office. Some also have a complex about buying second hand. Far easier to buy all brand new from ASDA then moan about the cost the next day.

If the teachers saying this are really concerned are they reporting these cases to the Social Services ?

While he has left ex service men homeless, living in rags, and being fed by foodbanks, and increased homelessness in general by 36 % and who can forget ex serviceman David Clapson found starved and dead in his unheated flat after being refused benefits !! and he was not the first or last !! Mark Wood also found starved to death in his flat after his benefits were axed

Were they involved in one of the wars started by Tony Blair? If so, you may want to point the finger of blame at him for not supporting them better, instead of blaming every single problem on the ConDemNation coalition.

How much money did we spend on the Iraq and Afghan wars when Labour when in power, Mecky?

That's a question I would like you to answer, since you were so in favour of them.

I think this is where Farage has a point. How can we possible keep allowing the numbers in?

This WILL keep housing short, and therefore high cost, THAT is inevitable.

Housing costs has got to be a main feature of party policy. Thousands of houses/properties need building, and I think that the circular part of this, will be that we will probably need more immigrants to build them. Doesn't seem like a good long term plan.

Plus the same effect on schools and the NHS.

:)

---------- Post added 05-04-2015 at 14:01 ----------

Were they involved in one of the wars started by Tony Blair? If so, you may want to point the finger of blame at him for not supporting them better, instead of blaming every single problem on the ConDemNation coalition.

How much money did we spend on the Iraq and Afghan wars when Labour when in power, Mecky?

That's a question I would like you to answer, since you were so in favour of them.

Some of these ex-servicemen served BEFORE the wars you mention Joker.

I know, I was one of them!

The Tories supported the wars. They would have done the same as Blair. The LibDems opposed them, but when it came to the prospect of attacks on Syria and which half a finger on the trigger, Clegg was ready to pull that trigger.

When it comes to illegal or potential illegal intervention in other countries none of the main parties emerges with any overall credit.

Some of these ex-servicemen served BEFORE the wars you mention Joker.

I know, I was one of them!

So it's Maggie's fault then?

Jeez, we fought the Argies, and all for what? Just for the right to graze sheep on the Falklands :loopy:

But many large companies, including supermarkets make millions of profit every year. They rip off farmers and would pay even less if they could. Why shouldn't they eat into their millions of profits, they can afford to. It's Pure Greed.

I can't understand anyone that has sympathy with these multi-million large corporations.

I agree that wealthy or large companies that rely on the taxpayer to top up wages or tax credits so that their workers can have a reasonable standard of living are beyond the pale. My own opinion is that if a company is just starting up or is experiencing financial problems, then the taxpayer stepping in to help out then that's a different scenario....

The whole problem with working tax credits and the like is that the Government only make it the individual worker's responsibility to claim for them. Perhaps a more rounded way would be for the employer to declare their income & profits as well, so that the taxpayer wasn't being fleeced by large companies.

Part of me wants it all to go terribly wrong, so we can make a new start. I can see nothing but trouble in the future, even wars on our shores and mass public disobedience. I don't think the Westminster elite of all parties realise how much hatred there is in our country between various groups.

---------- Post added 05-04-2015 at 15:43 ----------

So it's Maggie's fault then?

Jeez, we fought the Argies, and all for what? Just for the right to graze sheep on the Falklands :loopy:

It was a little bit more than that.

Unfortunately he isn't alone and apart from a few sociopaths at the jobcentres/DHSS or whatever it is these days, the government is bullying staff to suspend benefits. It's a job I wouldn't do although I dare say a couple of nasties on here would jump at the opportunity