The ITV Leaders' Debate

But what evidence? Just because Cameron says it, doesn't make it true. Quite the opposite.

The evidence that we can see now! Cuts to things, etc. You go on about it enough so you must know what I mean!

It doesn't matter what he's said, you either want to carry on the way things are going and vote for him, or pick Miliband who has a different approach.

-

I think Miliband isn't going to win, because he's focusing on the few thousand people who bedroom tax has affected, and the few thousand rich people, and forgetting that 98% of people don't fit into those categories.

I quite like him as a person, but how he got the top job is a mystery. Why did the Unions impose him rather than his brother?

And who would you want to see take over? There isn't a towering statesman among them.

(And none in the Conservative team either for that matter...)

Boris will be leader of the conservative party at the 2020 General Election.

---------- Post added 01-05-2015 at 15:17 ----------

I think Miliband isn't going to win, because he's focusing on the few thousand people who bedroom tax has affected, and the few thousand rich people, and forgetting that 98% of people don't fit into those categories.

Isn't this the way of ALL politics?

I see Cameron is still crying over the SNP. He seems to have completely forgotten he wanted them to be part of the UK.

Yup it's definitly Mecky folks....

Yup it's definitly Mecky folks....

Never in doubt...

If he thought he was going to get an easy ride in Leeds, he thought wrong.

None of them was in for an "easy ride" ash, coming to Leeds! One place you can expect direct questions!

:)

Boris will be leader of the conservative party at the 2020 General Election.

If you believe the bookies we are likely to have a second election late in 2015 or early 2016. I suspect that either Miliband or Cameron won't be leading their party into that one. Cameron has indicated he isn't looking at continuing beyond 2020 anyhow, so it is very likely that any election in 2010/2011 won't have either of them on the ticket.

if you believe the bookies we are likely to have a second election late in 2015 or early 2016. I suspect that either miliband or cameron won't be leading their party into that one. Cameron has indicated he isn't looking at continuing beyond 2020 anyhow, so it is very likely that any election in 2010/2011 won't have either of them on the ticket.

2010/2011??

Clegg was the best by far, Cameron didnt answer the questions and got an easy ride, Milliband had a harder time about over-spending, but was good in other areas, he came across as more genuine than Cameron. Clegg came across as honest and upfront, in my opinion.

Clegg genuine and honest?

Elsie- Scammers would have a field day with you.

Clegg genuine and honest?

Elsie- Scammers would have a field day with you.

I am a Lib Dem myself, but others have said that he did well, I try not to be biased.

I am a Lib Dem myself, but others have said that he did well, I try not to be biased.

Lib Dem by yourself. Never mind buddy, I shall pray for you.

What is quite shocking, is that this was virtually the first time that the leaders have come up against a 'hostile' audience. They are nearly always cocooned and protected from ordinary people these days, and only gain reaction, by others giving them feedback via polls etc.

All appearances are stage managed and edited to make the politician look good. Basically they do the talking and everyone else is just expected to listen respectfully. This is what allows them to just keep repeating the party line, and never having to engage with real people. Nor do they get a feel for the real mood of the electorate, or how reaction differs around the country. Very bland and so out of touch.

This is so different from how it used to be. Bring back the Hustings and the heckling. A politician wasn't considered worth his salt unless he could hold his own, debate confidently, win an argument, and deal with vocal criticism on the spot. Bring back the Dennis Skinners, and the conviction politicians. This lot don't know the meaning of the word.

None of them was in for an "easy ride" ash, coming to Leeds! One place you can expect direct questions!

:)

Absolutely!

Had DD not stepped in, that blonde woman who ran a business would have torn him a new a-hole :o