The ITV Leaders' Debate

No, the tax payer supports people with children.

who work for multi national companies who pay a pittance

who work for multi national companies who pay a pittance

Do they, most people don't work for multi national companies and how do you know how many kids each employee has.

I agree that living costs are too high and one reason for that is government giving out free money. You haven't said what the living wage should be, should it be enough to bring up 4 kids on one wage, or enough for a couple with no kids and two wages. I also agree that high immigration suppresses wages and causes high living costs.

You believe that I am supporting something that I am not supporting.

I'd prefer that we had a citizens income coupled with adequate house building to help get housing costs down, and adequate infrastructure spend to keep track with the now inevitable continuing rise in the population. Citizens income would help us dispense with most of the benefits and tax crefits system. House building like I said would suppress house prices and feed into reduced living costs. We can't ignore that we need more schools, hospitals etc...

Do they, most people don't work for multi national companies and how do you know how many kids each employee has.

Can't you tell us? You seem to know everything about anything that nobody else knows nothing about.

I'd prefer that we had a citizens income coupled with adequate house building to help get housing costs down, and adequate infrastructure spend to keep track with the now inevitable continuing rise in the population. Citizens income would help us dispense with most of the benefits and tax crefits system. House building like I said would suppress house prices and feed into reduced living costs. We can't ignore that we need more schools, hospitals etc...

It would be self defeating because it would just encourage faster population expansion leaving us in a worse position than we are now, high living costs and lack of housing at least suppress it to a degree.

---------- Post added 03-04-2015 at 22:41 ----------

Can't you tell us? You seem to know everything about anything that nobody else knows nothing about.

Tell you what?

Edited by loraward

I think this is where Farage has a point. How can we possible keep allowing the numbers in?

This WILL keep housing short, and therefore high cost, THAT is inevitable.

Housing costs has got to be a main feature of party policy. Thousands of houses/properties need building, and I think that the circular part of this, will be that we will probably need more immigrants to build them. Doesn't seem like a good long term plan.

A point from Del:

David Cameron on last night's leaders debate " I am very proud that we have fed and clothed and given shelter to Syrian refugees '' ( I myself am a supporter of foreign aid but I am making the point of how Cameron has treated his own vulnerable citizens )

While he has left ex service men homeless, living in rags, and being fed by foodbanks, and increased homelessness in general by 36 % and who can forget ex serviceman David Clapson found starved and dead in his unheated flat after being refused benefits !! and he was not the first or last !! Mark Wood also found starved to death in his flat after his benefits were axed.

David Cameron has resided over a Tory led government of the sixth richest country on planet earth who's own citizens can be completely blocked from receiving any help and literally be left to starve in their own homes or on the street. What next for Britain ? will we just start stepping over their bodies in the streets like some third world country !!

UKIP have a very positive attitude towards ex servicemen/women's welfare plus their plans for the health service.

UKIP have a very positive attitude towards ex servicemen/women's welfare plus their plans for the health service.

Or at least they say they do

---------- Post added 05-04-2015 at 10:43 ----------

Here's another thing.

"Teachers warn of 'Victorian' poverty among pupils"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-32181848

And if teachers were shall we say, a little less rabidly left wing/communist I'd perhaps be a little more sympathetic to their comments.

I think this is where Farage has a point. How can we possible keep allowing the numbers in?

This WILL keep housing short, and therefore high cost, THAT is inevitable.

Housing costs has got to be a main feature of party policy. Thousands of houses/properties need building, and I think that the circular part of this, will be that we will probably need more immigrants to build them. Doesn't seem like a good long term plan.

Has housing been increased in the last five years, I did read that 15,000 houses were to be built in East Anglia but haven't heard if they were built.:(

And if teachers were shall we say, a little less rabidly left wing/communist I'd perhaps be a little more sympathetic to their comments.

Yet many families can afford Special Brew.

Before the Tories, the Labour solution was to chuck money at charities like Magic Breakfast, which just feeds the kids in the morning. No attempt made to find out why the kids were not being fed.

The pupil premium (a big Lib Dem thing) gives schools flexibility on how they should spend the money - be it breakfast club, extra class help or sports club.