EE Broadband - Anyone have it?

Does anyone have EE broadband and if so can you recommend it.

After our Virgin Broadband went down for about the tenth time in two years and for the second time in a fortnight we've had enough.

Loads of problems with the broadband dropping. Then they charged me £60 for an engineer visit despite the issue not being down to me.

Was on Plusnet for a few years and then it started acting up with the connection getting lost and the speed degrading. Meant to be up-to 7mbs but never got more than 2.5mbs and averaged out at around 1.75mbs. Changed to EE and now get a steady 3.5mbs, with 12 month contract and only £2.50 per month.

Live in S2 area and cant get any faster speed as fibre not available around here.

Loads of problems with the broadband dropping. Then they charged me £60 for an engineer visit despite the issue not being down to me.

The one redeeming thing about Virgin is that visits from an engineer are free, good job seeing as I've had so many.

The one redeeming thing about Virgin is that visits from an engineer are free, good job seeing as I've had so many.

Mine was supposed to be free too! I had years of great service from Virgin before changing to ee.

They keep pestering me to join up, I said fine aslong as they pay for the line installation, they refused, so I went with BT as they installed the line at no cost. EE still bother me offering to buy me out of the contract but they can sod off. When I had mobile broadband they wanted to charge me for a new USB 3G thing after a software update stopped it working. They're kack.

I only get about 2mpbs on EE which is poor I know but I do not down load music or do any streaming.

I always thought it was the phone line that determined your speed and not the provider. Just paid to go onto fibre in Walkley and whilst we only get around 10mb, it's the better than the 0.5mb we were getting

started with freeserve,then orange,then EE so a long time contract, didn't have many probs:with EE but didn't get many benefits so went with BT and no probs: at the moment plus get youview extra for less than I was paying EE....

I’ve been with EE since June 2014, and intend staying with them once the 12 months contract is up in June this year (depending on the cost and quality of service remaining acceptable of course).

One thing I like about EE is that their customer service is local (Manvers area near Swinton) as opposed to being in India for example when I was with Talk Talk-that was so frustrating.

If the service level drops or the price rises I will consider other providers.

I believe there is an additional discount on the LL/BB from EE if you have any mobile phone with them-even a spare PAYG qualifies.

I always thought it was the phone line that determined your speed and not the provider. Just paid to go onto fibre in Walkley and whilst we only get around 10mb, it's the better than the 0.5mb we were getting

No both can have an effect on your speed, you sometimes find that in 'your area' one providers kit (at the exhange end) works wonders and is real fast, whereas anthers is over-worked and unreliable so runs slower.

Also 10mb from Fibre is pretty poor - have rats chewed up your phone line???

Mine starts 'dropping out' around this time when I am trying to listen to the radio. I lose several seconds up to every thirty seconds or so. It has happened three times while I typed this. So annoying but I can't be bothered trying to sort out the issue once again. It was much worse at my previous address.