Conservation area not being enforced

Hi all . It is 100% article 4 and if the landlord hasn't applied for permission ( which would get knocked back the very same day) they WILL eventually make him replace them with new wooden windows.

I deal with the conservation and planning officers in the nether edge area more or less everyday as we are always replacing sash windows down there. Out of interest who is it you have been comunicating with ? Zoe or Ruth ?

That's great to hear. I suppose the enforcement must just take longer to process than I thought.

It's not Ruth or Zoe crookesy. Am communicating with someone from planning enforcement, not planning permission.

If you want to pm me the address I will mention it today when I speak to one of them. They are the people who you need to get in touch with . It's there job to enforce article 4 in that area and they both seem to do it well from previous experience

JeffREy, perhaps you might be able to comment on whether the OP might be able to get recourse from the council in their failure to carry out their statutory duty.

Perhaps- on grounds of maladministration and/or breach of statutory duty.

Unfortunately, I don't think the timescales that you are talking about are in any way out of the ordinary.

Off the top of my head, I can think of an unauthorised development in a nearby authority, development carried out in 2011, enforcement notice served 2014.

I would suspect there's only maladministration if they fail to take enforcement action after receipt of a complaint within the period when such action can be taken (either 4 years or 10 years depending on the type of development) OR if there is significant and ongoing harm to amenity (eg unreasonable noise from an unauthorised use)

Thanks all. I'm amazed this is the standard timeline, but it's reassuring to know that it will be enforced (eventually) one day.