Could we be heading for another Scottish Independence Referendum?

If you have a yes/no vote on something, and don't get the result you want, you can't just keep re-voting until you get a result you do want? Well, not unless your the SNP apparently...

Or the EU and Ireland's double vote on the Treaty of Lisbon (they voted wrong the first time).

At least they got to vote (twice). The War Criminal Blair made a Lisbon Treaty vote one of his 2005 general election promises. We're still waiting Tony.

They (that Nicola lass) were talking about this on the news today.

If you have a yes/no vote on something, and don't get the result you want, you can't just keep re-voting until you get a result you do want? Well, not unless your the SNP apparently...

Cameron was pretty quick to pour cold water on the entire thing tho.

"There will be no vote during this government"

That quite neatly kicks the can down the road another 5 years.

One of the main points of independence was the oil wealth, but that is very limited and in another 5 years time there just won't be the reserves there to make any kind of case for independence.

It will be at least another 20 years before there is another Scottish Independant referendum . There can't be another referendum any way without the UK Governments permission .

The Scottish people had their chance last year and voted NO . The only reason the Scottish National Party did so well in the UK General Election was because Scottish voters thought the end result would be an hung parliament enabling the SNP to demand more English Tax Payers money to be diverted to Scottland in exchange for proping up a Labour led Government .

If there was another Referendum tomorrow the result would still be the same resulting in a victory for those against Scottish Independant because the majority of Scottish voters have not got the bottle to go it alone without handouts from English tax payers .

It will be at least another 20 years before there is another Scottish Independant referendum . .

Why would there be one in 20 years time??

What would their main selling points be then???

Cameron was pretty quick to pour cold water on the entire thing tho.

"There will be no vote during this government"

That quite neatly kicks the can down the road another 5 years.

One of the main points of independence was the oil wealth, but that is very limited and in another 5 years time there just won't be the reserves there to make any kind of case for independence.

There should not be another independence referendum, ever; not unless in the last one, they stipulated how long a NO result would remain in effect for, before another referendum could be held. Did they do that?

Also, should English people be given a referendum on if we want Scotland to leave the union? I think I'd vote YES! If not, should we have a referendum of if England can leave the union?

Or the EU and Ireland's double vote on the Treaty of Lisbon (they voted wrong the first time).

At least they got to vote (twice). The War Criminal Blair made a Lisbon Treaty vote one of his 2005 general election promises. We're still waiting Tony.

Ireland voted yes to the treaty only after it was amended to take into account their concerns. What did you expect to happened with a no vote to a treaty in Ireland? Did you think that Ireland would pull out or even for the EU to be abandoned altogether?

Only 6 months after the last one? Talk about a fickle lot! :roll:

From what I can see when I'm up there it is that religion plays a very big part in the way that they vote and that's very worrying. The Catholics want out and the Proddies want in..... just like Northern Ireland all over again. :rolleyes:

As for them having another vote to see whether they'd wish to remain part of the UK, the next time I'd like us to have a vote on whether we'd like them to be a part of us seems as they seem to hate us so much.

From what I can see when I'm up there it is that religion plays a very big part in the way that they vote and that's very worrying. The Catholics want out and the Proddies want in..... just like Northern Ireland all over again. :rolleyes:

As for them having another vote to see whether they'd wish to remain part of the UK, the next time I'd like us to have a vote on whether we'd like them to be a part of us seems as they seem to hate us so much.

If they hate us so much, why did they voted to to stay in the UK?

Almost half that voted didn't

Never understood SNP logic. They think Westminster is remote and so want independence from England/UK, yet want to remain in the EU.

just been watching the snp finale, is it time to let them have their wish?

Never understood SNP logic. They think Westminster is remote and so want independence from England/UK, yet want to remain in the EU.

They're idiots, basically. The whole SNP popularity is based on anti-English sentiment. I wish they would just go. Foreget about a referendum, the government should just make the decision and cut Scotland loose. The majority of people in the UK want it to happen.