Stagecoach Fare Increase 12/04/15

But Stocksbridge also got the SL bus. (a bus I use as well). Some of the 57 buses are not all that great. But we did get new SL's a couple of years ago.

Only the Dayriders... no changes to weekly or longer tickets (Weekly Citywide continues to be available for all operators bus+tram priced at £17)

Darn it, should have looked more closely.

How annoying that a daily tram and bus ticket covers First buses on those routes, a weekly bus-only covers First as well, yet a weekly tram and bus ticket doesn't.

The Bus Partnership was meant to improve things for bus passengers. In Stocksbridge it removed competition and as a result Stagecoach have increased fares and brought in older buses.

When Stagecoach entered the Stocksbridge market they had a fleet of new vehicles to compete with First. Since they have gained a monopoly position they have brought in older buses and have followed the First model of low quality and high fares.

Before there was only First running the 57/58/X57. A First Day ticket cost £4.60 and a First Week cost £18. I think buses ran 3 times an hour in total (one of each route).

Then First lost the evening/Sunday tender to Stagecoach so if you wanted all the buses you had to buy a Travelmaster ticket which was about £5.50 for the day or £22 for the week.

Stagecoach introduced the Supertramlink bus in competition with First using old minibuses, undercutting First greatly with the Bus+Tram Dayrider at £3.90 and Bus+Tram Megarider at £13.

When the bus partnership started First pulled out of Stocksbridge with Stagecoach taking the town on instead with the 57 twice an hour and the Supertramlink every 10 minutes.

The Supertramlink has been upgraded to brand new Enviro200 single deck buses. Stocksbridge now has 8 buses an hour. A day ticket is now £3.90 and a weekly ticket is now £13.50.

Not bad really compared to when only First served Stocksbridge. More buses and still cheaper than a few years ago.

It only applies to the Dayrider and weekly bus only Megarider and only on routes 52/120.

Cheers. I had a look and noticed this.

Tram and bus daily and megariders now valid on First buses. At last! No more waiting for a Stagecoach 120 whilst 2 Firsts go sailing by.

That must be a novelty, as according to some on here First rarely turn up :hihi:

That must be a novelty, as according to some on here First rarely turn up :hihi:

My experience of the 52 and 120 is there is always a constant convoy of buses on both routes, until I actually want to catch one....

My experience of the 52 and 120 is there is always a constant convoy of buses on both routes, until I actually want to catch one....

Glad that's not just me.

..DELETED..

Posted too soon, what I said was already covered.

Didn't you used to be able to delete posts on here?

Edited by AlexAtkin

The new fares start this week.

Note some positives as far as day tickets go... now all the day tickets issued on Stagecoach Sheffield will include both bus & tram:

Adult Sheffield Bus & Tram Dayrider - £3.90

Adult Explorer (S/W Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire) £5.80

Child South Yorkshire Bus & Tram Dayrider £2.00

Child South + West Yorkshire Bus & Tram Dayrider £3.00

Child Explorer (S/W Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire) £3.90

Also the weekly Sheffield bus & tram Megarider has been frozen at £13.50 and the weekly Megarider Gold has been frozen at £19.50. The Child South & West Yorkshire weekly Megarider at £10 is now also valid on tram. Student weekly Megarider frozen at £7 and student promo single frozen at £1.

Most adult single fares are up 10p

Weekly Sheffield bus only Megarider up 50p to £12.50

Weekly Sheffield Megarider Plus up 50p to £15.50

Family Dayrider up 50p to £9

Edited by Andy C