Pitsmoor in the 60s

my cousin lived on andover st his name is Eric(jim) Thew and my relation Jimmy Thorpe lived on Woodside Lane he was the biggest bookie in Sheffield at the time hes in Fred Passes book Wheers mi Mam,Tony Mercer a singer with the Black and White minstrals.

hi i lived 4 doors away from the thorpe i knocked around with alan he had a sister called elaine he use to collect bets across from our house mum use to warn him when the cops were coming

Hi LESMITH

Ilast saw Alan about eight years ago he lived in Blyth near retford and Elaine had a newsagents in sheffield.Jimmy started up in Tontine chambers above Philip Canns in Dixon lane with his brother and my dad.

Hi darra

No he lived in the upside down houses,he was known locally as the General,dont know why!!!!

Hi darra

No he lived in the upside down houses,he was known locally as the General,dont know why!!!!

I used to live in the flats and the people underneath us were called TEW thought yours might have been a typo :)

hiya i was at pye bank school when andybags [mrs andrews ] was there, remember the chant everyone sang. Good god what a witch ...

hiya i was at pye bank school when andybags [mrs andrews ] was there, remember the chant everyone sang. Good god what a witch ...

I think every one who went to Pye bank school in the 70's remembers Mrs Andrews and still shudder at the mention of her name

hi did you have a brother called malchom

hi i also went to all saints school then up to burngreave left 1958 started work at gillotts i worked in the garage and was there when bob got killled and there was also another mechanic that got badley burnt he was called Maurice Hopper the reason the accident happened was because they were welding a chassis on a bread van and it fell apart and punctured the fuel tank thats why it exploded

Re ellsmere youth club I met my wife there in 1958 been a couple since

been married 46 yrs

I lived at 92 lyons st across the road was the blacksmiths hut my pal mick and i used

to throw stones at the roof and run off

Can anyone remember a girl called Ann turton getting knock down petre st opposite

teh post office

That was my post mayie, not geocol, are you the one that had the blue Triumph 21 ? I used to hang around the garage after we'd finished our run, I worked with Betty Bullock at the time, seem to think she married Fred some years later after he got divorced, he was lucky not to be there when the explosion occured, because he was off work with a broken at the tim.[/quote