Pitsmoor in the 60s

On 11/05/2020 at 14:04, alan p said:

I lived in Pitsmoor early 60s but only for about 3 years on Pye Bank Drive. I went to Burngreave school and remember Clive Morris, Delroy Palmer, Pete Simmonite who lived on Carwood Lane and 2 others who was a bit older than me Mick Megson and Dave Williams who both lived on Pitsmoor road. My brother in Law came of Petre Street John Keightley and John Kelly who's family had beer off shop at the bottom of Carwood Lane.

Was that the one at the corner of Carwood Lane & Crescent?  It was known to us as Rose Cottage , Dave and Pete Simmonite  lived very close to it.

Hello beezerboy yes I think it was if I remember Pete Simmonite lived at the end house of a row of terrace houses. Was the Carwood pub just up the lane? Alan.

16 minutes ago, alan p said:

Hello beezerboy yes I think it was if I remember Pete Simmonite lived at the end house of a row of terrace houses. Was the Carwood pub just up the lane? Alan.

16 minutes ago, alan p said:

The pub up Carwood Lane was the Hallcar. The Simmonite's lived on Carwood Crescent (yes, the last house on that row). The shop that John Kelly moved to was formerly Mr. Livesey's and was opposite their old house that was at the 'V' shape at Carwood Road/Carwood Lane. I believe the Kelly's moved to the Brunswick Road area maisonettes after the re-development.

Hello St Petre, I remember now it was the Hallcar my brother used it when he lived on Carwood Lane. I last saw John Kelly when he moved onto the Hyde Park flats that would be about 53 yrs ago now. Its such a long time ago wonder what has happened to all the people I have mentioned. Alan.

1 hour ago, alan p said:

Hello St Petre, I remember now it was the Hallcar my brother used it when he lived on Carwood Lane. I last saw John Kelly when he moved onto the Hyde Park flats that would be about 53 yrs ago now. Its such a long time ago wonder what has happened to all the people I have mentioned. Alan.

Yes, sorry about getting John Kelly's relocation wrong

Hello St Petre, It was only John who moved into the Hyde Park so the rest of his family may have moved to Brunswick road. I also remember 3 sisters that lived on Brunswick road Margaret Susan and Linda Collins. 

Edited by alan p